Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Uecker
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Denver already has two great conventions a year but they are too many months apart! So, a few of us in the NE Denver area are starting a new convention that fits in between the two yearly big conventions.

The Conclave of Colorado Board Gamers

Some highlights:
* Open gaming - so bring your favorite games to share and teach

* No seat fees!

* No registration fee! But, we are asking for a $15 or more donation from everyone. Your donations will help ensure that this becomes an annual event.

* There will be a drawing for gift certificates to local game stores for those who donate $15 or more, so you can buy more games! The drawing will be on Sunday around 11am.

* Tentatively, there are plans to have a game auction Saturday evening. Some people have asked if they could donate games for an auction with proceeds going to the Conclave to help cover costs. We can’t accept credit cards, sorry.

* If we get a good number of people to RSVP and donate before the end of May, we will expand to a bigger room and double or triple the current registration limit.

* Space is limited so RSVP early!

* The Conclave will be held at the Waymire Dome at the Adams County Regional Park (the Fairgrounds), 9755 Henderson Road, Brighton Colorado.

* Schedule: Friday, July 6th, 5:30pm (doors open at 5:00pm) - 11:00pm; Saturday, July 7th, 9:00am - 11:00pm; Sunday, July 8th, 9:00am - 3:00pm

To RSVP or for more info go to http://www.meetup.com/conclave-of-gamers/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Nakamoto
United States
Montrose
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please keep this thread updated with details if more become available. I live too far away to commit right now, but would like to stay informed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Culp
United States
Gillette
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Otomakan wrote:
Please keep this thread updated with details if more become available. I live too far away to commit right now, but would like to stay informed.

yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Nakamoto
United States
Montrose
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like I'll be able to go!

For anyone else planning to be there, I'm interested in trading/selling some of my games, but will only pack the ones over the mountains that there's an interest in. Check out my For Trade list, and see if there's anything there that strikes your fancy. GM me for details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, this is right by my house in Thornton. Unfortunately, I will be out of town that weekend. Good luck with the convention! I hope the attendance is high even with the July 4th holiday being on a Wednesday. Hopefully I can attend next year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Uecker
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great news Otomakan, make sure to RSVP through the meetup.com site (if you haven't already) so we can plan for you: http://www.meetup.com/conclave-of-gamers/
. A few other gamers are also coming over the mountains from the Western Slope for this.

Dorktron2000, sorry to hear you won't be around. I'll second your idea on you hopefully being able to attend next year. If all goes well, next year will probably be one of the last two weekends in June instead of the first weekend in July.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Nakamoto
United States
Montrose
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clru wrote:
That's great news Otomakan, make sure to RSVP through the meetup.com site (if you haven't already) so we can plan for you: http://www.meetup.com/conclave-of-gamers/
. A few other gamers are also coming over the mountains from the Western Slope for this.

More from the Western Slope? Hmm... sounds like I should do some recruiting for my game group.

I've RSVPed already, and am looking forward to it! Thanks for making it so affordable!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clru wrote:

Dorktron2000, sorry to hear you won't be around. I'll second your idea on you hopefully being able to attend next year. If all goes well, next year will probably be one of the last two weekends in June instead of the first weekend in July.

That would be great and would make it easier for folks to avoid travel conflicts for the 4th of July.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Uecker
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For a first year convention the response has been great and we're looking at adding another room on Friday and Saturday! So if interested RSVP ASAP so we can solidify plans for any extra rooms. Sign up here.

In addition, I want to thank Dave at Denver's own friendly online game store, Time Well Spent Games, for donating the gift certificates that we will be giving away as door prizes. That was a great help, and if you haven't been to Time Well Spent Games' website, http://www.timewellspentgames.com, you should check out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bowers
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is sweet. I just moved back to Denver after college and great to see more board game events. Hope you all get a great turn out and I will do my best to make it there for one (or more) of the days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
United States
Grand Junction
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Chad,

Wanted to say thanks for a great time. This was a great first experience. A Great Gaming Weekend filled with at least 15 new games I have never played before.

So thanks again, and also thanks to anyone else that is one here that went.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Nakamoto
United States
Montrose
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pyrobuzz wrote:
Hey Chad,

Wanted to say thanks for a great time. This was a great first experience. A Great Gaming Weekend filled with at least 15 new games I have never played before.

So thanks again, and also thanks to anyone else that is one here that went.

This. All of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad is awesome...and I didn't even get to go cry but I've sent many a gamer buddy his way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Allen
United States
Arvada
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was the best gaming Con I've been to. I was only there for two days, but it was two days of straight gaming. I never had a hard time finding a group to play with. Can't wait till next year. Thanks, Chad!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
United States
Grand Junction
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SFRR wrote:
Chad is awesome...and I didn't even get to go cry but I've sent many a gamer buddy his way.

Yes, Chad is AWESOME!!!

Him and his brother got me into gaming, and all I can say is it is the best time I have had so far.. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Uecker
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys blush. The event was indeed great fun and it was because we had an amazing group of gamers. We had hundreds upon hundreds of games to choose from and around 70 people during the weekend.

I’m trying to determine where to hold the event next year. Also wondering if we want to extend the event so it would start around 10am on Friday and go until around 6 - 7pm on Sunday or keep it the same as this year. The event would be mid- to late June or first week in July again (we want to be halfway between GenghisCon and Tacticon).

If we go big, we could rent a place that could easily handle all the board, card, crokinole and train gamers who were there this year, but even have enough room for wargamers, rpg’s and mini’s gamers. But we don’t want to go big if we can’t fill it!

Anyone who has any thoughts, input or suggestions about next year please let me know. Either geekmail me, email me or post here. This is all of our’s event not just a few of us, so I welcome everyone’s input in order to do the best event possible.

Thanks much to the volunteers that helped out. And thanks again to all the great gamers who came and made it such a fun and successful event.

Happy Gaming,
Chad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.