Subject: new expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oszvald Juhasz
Hungary
Helvécia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if there is any expension planned for this game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Eisenstein
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Oszvald!

Definately not!

Greetings
Bernd

www.irongames.de
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oszvald Juhasz
Hungary
Helvécia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any reason?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigbluehun wrote:
Any reason?
A well done dice filler does not need an expansion unless there is a problem in the game that needs to be fixed. Enjoy the game for what it is: 30 minutes of dice rolling fun; no expansion needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Allers
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
During the development of the game, Bernd and I came up with quite a few alternative "buildings" to place die, so it's theoretically possible that there could be expansions with more alternatives for placement.

However, Stephan Brück, Bernd and I chose what we felt were the best ones for this game, and feel that it has the right amount of balance and tension as it is.

If there's another Alea Treasure Chest in the future and Stephan would ask us to produce an expansion, I'm sure we'd be open to it, but for now, we're focusing on new games.

Thanks for your interest!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oszvald Juhasz
Hungary
Helvécia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As you all pointed out, this game is good just as it is. After playing it for several times, I still feel that there is no expansion needed.
However, there is a huge funny part in this game, so it leaves a large room for possible locations that allow more variations.

As you pointed out, it is a very well balanced game, so a new expansion needs to be chosed delicately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.