Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
My trip to BGG.con last year was exhausting. I started off gaming with Rusty in the hotel lobby. I think we all know what he had in mind by bringing me beer AND Wiz-War there. Then Lawson showed up and who could resist hitting on her. I doled out some candy to Aaron trying to step that up a notch. I let Ben be my partner in Innovation before I knew he brought some girl along with him. So then I hit on this Dana chick, letting her win the Innovation game. None of it led to anything, so I headed back to the hotel room to wait for Jarred. The next day, I played Eminent Domain with Chad and Jarred and was pretty confused as to which one I should have hit on. We followed that up with the drunken RSP meetup where I bought drinks for I don't know how many people in an attempt to finish off the night on a high. Wray and his wife weren't conducive to my attempts. Neither was Darilian. That jerk wouldn't even play a game with me. So, we proceeded to play Mage Knight. Lawson was just begging to be hit on here with her picking the red chick with the stripper boots, yet somehow she was oblivious. Brian was able to resist my advances as well. Sending a wink or three Jorge's way when we were playing Tichu didn't even seem to register.

I've got to say, boardgamers are either pretty clueless as a group or I'm just not as hot as Jarred's mom says I am. Frankly, it's exhausting. I think next time I'll just play games.

You're being too subtle. Just walk up to someone you like, pull out your wang, and put it in their hand. If they object, say "what? I thought you liked me?" and look pouty.

Works every time.*

*Claims have not been evaluated by the FDA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Destiny's got her hand way, way up in their puppets! It's an unpleasant tingling! The deepest of wriggles!
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
But my greatest power is this: When Destiny speaks, she speaks to me. She says hi, by the way.
badge
Oh! And I've been killing the bees!
mbmbmbmbmb
You sealed the deal with peanut butter cups, but I waited in my room for hours, and you never showed. I spent the night alone, curled up in a pool of chocolate and tears.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver PhoDOGrapher
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hell, these days wishful thinking makes me tired. Damn, to be young again. By young I mean 40.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
mistermarino wrote:
You sealed the deal with peanut butter cups, but I waited in my room for hours, and you never showed. I spent the night alone, curled up in a pool of chocolate and tears.

That's how I spend my nights when they go well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
My trip to BGG.con last year was exhausting. I started off gaming with Rusty in the hotel lobby. I think we all know what he had in mind by bringing me beer AND Wiz-War there. Then Lawson showed up and who could resist hitting on her. I doled out some candy to Aaron trying to step that up a notch. I let Ben be my partner in Innovation before I knew he brought some girl along with him. So then I hit on this Dana chick, letting her win the Innovation game. None of it led to anything, so I headed back to the hotel room to wait for Jarred. The next day, I played Eminent Domain with Chad and Jarred and was pretty confused as to which one I should have hit on. We followed that up with the drunken RSP meetup where I bought drinks for I don't know how many people in an attempt to finish off the night on a high. Wray and his wife weren't conducive to my attempts. Neither was Darilian. That jerk wouldn't even play a game with me. So, we proceeded to play Mage Knight. Lawson was just begging to be hit on here with her picking the red chick with the stripper boots, yet somehow she was oblivious. Brian was able to resist my advances as well. Sending a wink or three Jorge's way when we were playing Tichu didn't even seem to register.

I've got to say, boardgamers are either pretty clueless as a group or I'm just not as hot as Jarred's mom says I am. Frankly, it's exhausting. I think next time I'll just play games.

Sorry Bj, I didn't notice. I'm pretty notoriously dense about such things...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.