Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Helvetia» Forums » Rules

Subject: What to do when all VP have been given but no one can end the game... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Konwacht
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny, our first game of Helvetia today, and really an interesting situation:

4-player-game, players actually have 18 - 16 - 15 - 13 points. All building have been built, all awards have been awarded (for delivering goods, delivering good groups and building around the village centers). The only way to earn points is to get the bonus tokens of the five actions or the starting player token. But the game is at a dead point - we all hinder each other to get the final 20 VP. Who wins? How to win?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if that should actually happen- you do know that multiple people can sell the same good to the trader, right? If you sell all of the goods, you've already got 16 points? See:

edit: worked out the math, and it's impossible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, sounds like a fringe case. I would be interested to see the breakdown of who has points for what.

My vote is the person with 18 points wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konwacht
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hanibalicious wrote:
I don't know if that should actually happen- you do know that multiple people can sell the same good to the trader, right? If you sell all of the goods, you've already got 16 points? See:

Ah, shake. You are right. We only scored the bonus points for the _first_ delivery (the little tokens...) not the 1 VP that you get for each good itself. Wow, the game would have lasted half that long

Thank you very much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.