badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In brightest day,
In blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight,
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power,
Green lantern's light!

Hal Jordan was corrupted by Parallax for years while serving in the green lantern corps. Slowly Parallax played upon his fears and insecurities in such a subtle way that Jordan was never aware of the invasion. When Jordan's home town was destroyed by Cyborg Superman, he lost all touch with reality. His eroded psyche snapped, giving Parallax his opportunity to bond with Jordan's soul.

Jordan attacked Oa, killing many green lanterns, Sinestro, and most of the guardians as well. He destroyed the central power battery, the storage unit of the hope energy of the universe created by the guardians to empower their green lanterns, and thereby fully released Parallax from this prison in the process. Parallax then infected Jordan physically as well as mentally.

After the tragic defeat of the green lantern corps, Jordan sought to rewrite history so that he could reform the universe into an existence he desired. Parallax and Jordan are eventually defeated by Kyle Rayner, the last of the green lanterns, and Green Arrow.

Jordan reappears infrequently, obviously attempting to gain redemption for his crimes while corrupted by Parallax. He is eventually chosen to be the human host of The Specter, the spirit of vengeance, who is attempting to purge Jordan of the remnants of Parallax's corruption.

Rayner investigated Parallax and discovered the truth, that it is a parasitic entity of fear as old as sentience itself. He recovered Jordan's physical body and returned it to earth. Parallax, still clinging to Jordan's soul and sensing the danger, reasserts its dominance over Jordan's soul and attacks earth. He is joined by Sinestro, who's murder was staged by Parallax to be the final assault on Jordan's soul which sealed his fate as Parallax's host.

The Spirit of Vengeance succeeds in overpowering Parallax, and removes all of its corruption from Jordan's soul, as well as the Spirit's own influence. Jordan is restored to his position as a Green Lantern and does battle with Sinestro, whom he once again banishes to the anti-matter universe of Qward.

While banished, Sinestro assembles an army to assault Oa and gain dominance over the universe. He recruits those that can instill great fear. He grants each a yellow power ring and births his Sinestro Corps of yellow lanterns. With the Anti-Monitor and Parallax as his generals, he begins an invasion of the universe with the first target being the green lantern corps.

The Sinestro Corps has ambushed Oa and Mogo and successfully freed Superboy-prime, and Cyborg Superman from their Sciencells. Kyle Rayner has been captured, taken to Qward, and possessed by Parallax. Now, as heralds of the Anti-Monitor, they threaten the Green Lantern corps and all of the universe.

The Guardians have rewritten the Book of Oa and allowed lethal force in the face of this threat. You must find and stop the Sinestro Corps and prevent the dominance of all life to the power of fear.

This game will be open to all who sign up. Roles will be hidden and dependent upon the quantity of people who participate. Roles will be revealed upon death unless an ability interferes. Balance will be attempted, but not promised.

Dawn will occur on the morning of July 22nd, with first lynch July 23rd.

Lynch Times:

4:00 PM BGG Lynch
5:00 PM BGG Dawn (except D1)

The deadline for all votes is 3:59PM BGG. All votes after 3:59 will not be counted.

The deadline for night actions is 4:59PM BGG. All night actions after 4:59 will not be counted.

These times are rigid. They will not be accelerated by nightfalling or request.

The game will not run on weekends or holidays.

Ties will be broken by RNG unless an ability influences the tie breaking.

Behavior Expectations:

Play for your team to win and participate at least twice with game content every day the game runs.

Do not directly quote anything said to you in modchat or other private chats. Paraphrasing is acceptable.

Do not make any promises or transactions outside of the scope of the game in order to influence the game (ie. no wagers, out-of-game promises, or communication).

Do not use cyphers or codes. All communication is to be in english.

Do not post immediately after Dusk or Dawn. When posting is allowed, it will be announced.

Do not communicate outside of this thread unless you have a Cassandra Project chat in which you can do so.

Do not speak if you are dead or replaced.

Have fun.

If this game is successful, the blackest night is planned for a tentative August start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
annab
BlackSheep
dbmurph22
Heisenberg
Melriken
precis_neumann
Ruga
Taquelli

8 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/7975...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs. Ho
Sweden
Ängelholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra. Now, if only I had any idea as to what I signed up for...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mb
More love is needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hefferan
United States
Saint Paul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
annab wrote:
I just signed up on Cassandra. Now, if only I had any idea as to what I signed up for...

Expanded the backstory for those not familiar with (semi)-recent Green Lantern events.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
★★★★☆
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
You don't study scaring, you just do it.
badge
I'm not even breaking a sweat.
mbmbmbmbmb
Signed up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
★★★★☆
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
You don't study scaring, you just do it.
badge
I'm not even breaking a sweat.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Sun
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Level up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
Enter Text Here
badge
[b][Vote :goo:][/b]
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hefferan
United States
Saint Paul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game closed due to insufficient interest and scheduling issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
Professor Xavier convinced Katniss to leave her home at 221B Baker Street. She jumped into the Impala shouting, "Allons-y!" .....
badge
.... to take The Ring down the yellow brick road, all through the black of the 'verse, to Narnia, to shine like a star, while saving the Enterprise from the Six-fingered Slytherin Sith.
mbmbmbmbmb
Shushnik wrote:
Game closed due to insufficient interest and scheduling issues.

thumbsdown soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.