Subject: Season Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Buz
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously, when a white or black raven comes into play, the season begins. It remains so for the time in which they are in play. But what happens when they are discarded? Does the season remain? Or does the season go away when the initiating card does?

Complicating matters are the Crowns--Winter, Mereen, Azor Ahai. The text on those makes plain that the Ravens supercede them, but what about each other? If I have the Crown of Mereen in play and later my opponent marshals the Crown of Winter, what season is it? What if I have the Crown of Winter in play but it is then discarded? What happens then?

And finally, how do you know this stuff? There isn't FAQ listings for all strange interactions; is there a compendium somewhere that can be searched? There's lots of questions like this that can come up....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Ivey
United States
Vadnais Heights
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I could be wrong on this one, but once the raven leaves play it is no longer winter, it is "no season."

2. If you have both a crown of Mereen in play and a Crown of Winter, then it is both Summer & Winter at the same time. If there is a raven in play it supersedes both of them.

3. FantasyFlights support page:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Ach
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dustin1280 wrote:
1. I could be wrong on this one, but once the raven leaves play it is no longer winter, it is "no season."

2. If you have both a crown of Mereen in play and a Crown of Winter, then it is both Summer & Winter at the same time. If there is a raven in play it supersedes both of them.

3. FantasyFlights support page:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm...

Right on all three counts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent 57
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The key to figuring it out is if a card says a thing happens that effect only works while that card is in play unless the card says otherwise (and it will almost always last for the phase when it does say otherwise).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan McBee
Malta
Hamrun
flag msg tools
Does this seasons issues not affect the Core Set cards? Because that's what we have and we have not encountered any of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Maloney
United States
Van Nuys
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
darkbear wrote:
Does this seasons issues not affect the Core Set cards? Because that's what we have and we have not encountered any of this.

The core set does not have any cards the use the Seasons mechanic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan McBee
Malta
Hamrun
flag msg tools
Much obliged, Tim!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.