Klaus Brune
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
HEY! That TICKLES!
mbmbmbmbmb
CoolStuffInc has four in stock right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam O'Brien
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Even Cleverer Overtext
badge
Every time someone activates this overtext, it takes a year off my life. Hover often please!
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 11 copies at Amazon. Usually they wait for something to go out of print before they reprint it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Brune
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
HEY! That TICKLES!
mbmbmbmbmb
3dicebombers wrote:
There are 11 copies at Amazon. Usually they wait for something to go out of print before they reprint it.

Of course, determining if something is out of print isn't an exact science, right? I mean, if the publisher is fully intending another print run, but only after current stock is depleted, then is it really out of print? Or is it just not locally available and so harder-to-get?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam O'Brien
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Even Cleverer Overtext
badge
Every time someone activates this overtext, it takes a year off my life. Hover often please!
mbmbmbmbmb
Rate of sales also plays a factor. If they take 2+ years to sell out a print run, then they are less likely to put another run in queue right away, if ever.

If they are selling out within months, they are likely to start another run as soon as possible, so there isn't a gap. Games that sell better than predicted cause gap problems (think Eclipse) where a small print run is immediately absorbed but the publisher isn't in a position to re-supply fast enough.

El Presidente was released in 2009. I don't know how many times (or how many copies) they have printed in that time, but I would guess that sales are not very strong on it (based on reviews/ratings here and also the relatively high $ cost for an expansion).

In any event, it seems pretty widely available at the moment, so I don't think RGG is in a big rush to get another printing out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.