Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » QLD (Brisbane)

Subject: Brisbane Guild rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew H
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all Brisbane BGGers. In a fit of boredom (when I was at home sick) I sent out PMs to a bunch of people to let them know about the Brisbane guild. Previously it had become a little used feature from what I could tell, probably in part because so few people joined it...maybe they didn't know it existed. Since I sent out the messages, quite a few people have signed up meaning it may now be a more effective way to communicate with other Brisbane geeks. I know if you are reading this you probably already have subscribed to Brisbane forums but the guild has a few useful points. Links to national or local geeklists as well as forums can be posted on the guild plus the browse feature allows a much more effective way to find local second hand games you might want or to find local buyers for your unloved games. The more people make it useful, the more people will join to use it, the more useful it will be and so on. Let's make it happen.

BTW No offence to anyone who thought I'd only PM them when I was bored. The fit of boredom was only required because it took hours of trolling through BGG members based on user locations for Brisbane or suburbs using the flag feature.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman Sandal
Australia
flag msg tools
How do you join the Brisbane Guild mate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
Go here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/guild/182

and click "Join This Guild" in the top right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wend C
Australia
Kedron
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Joined! Thanks - may make it easier to pick up local unloved games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Farrell
Australia
Rozelle
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Averagely Inadequate
badge
Buster Keaton from 'Go West'
mbmbmbmbmb
Wend, I have lots of unloved games, but you don't have any marked as Want In Trade, Want to Buy, or Wishlist - doing so at least can't prevent you from getting games :-).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman Sandal
Australia
flag msg tools
Any Axis and Allies Revised players out there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.