Popular Tags: [View All]
Fabio Pellegrino
Italy
Palermo
Sicilia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
After some years of stop, we have started again the last year the speed circuit Championship. Now we have finished the 2° year of the new Championship face to face in my house in Palermo.
This year the drivers was 15 with some new young men.
The new rules for the Championship was made to have short races, instead of the old 6 laps, we run 2 sessions for each track, the first called race1 including pole position and 2 laps (short race) and the second called race2 of 4 laps with the grid based upon the arrival of the first session but with the first 6 in reverse order.
The game was of 14 races on 7 tracks Monza Monaco Pergusa Zandwoort Le Mans Mosul and Adria. Among the rules we added are: the Booster and the Heavy Brake with the late breaking, the new tables with 3D6 for cornering and forcing , the reliability , the limited slip and few minor rules, like the split point between pole and race1 and race2.
The races were exciting and with different winners, but in the end the veterans of the game have had prevail upon new, including Mario, who was ranked 3 rd place. Now we are looking to September to start the 2012-2013 Championship.
Here some shots

Fabio
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Douglas
Australia
Flynn
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a great and clean looking board of the race track. Just curious about how it was made / constructed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Who's this Fabio guy who ended up with 142 points? He must be pretty good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Pellegrino
Italy
Palermo
Sicilia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wile wrote:
That is a great and clean looking board of the race track. Just curious about how it was made / constructed?

Are you telling about the table or the track?
The table is made for 12 players (the next year will be made for 16)
and is a light Styrofoam and cardboard around with a light frame of wood selfmade and glued vinyl-type, the board is setup upon the std table every time we play the speed circuit.
The track is designed with illustrator and printed for about 10$ also of cardboard. I am an amateur designer of the track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Pellegrino
Italy
Palermo
Sicilia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
John Weber wrote:
Who's this Fabio guy who ended up with 142 points? He must be pretty good!

Hi John, you well know that is me !!! This year I win, but I think the next championship will be really hard to win, we have many strong drivers and speed circuit is very popular in my club.
I hope to see you again sometime at the WBC, or anywhere to play with.

Fabio

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At WBC, I am glad to see Stock Car Racing will be back despite missing the cut on the trial vote, so I hope to see you there again this year, Fabio. I remember how close you came to winning last year, so you have to return and try to move up by just one position this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ingraham
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could only wish that my gaming group would take to Speed Circuit the yours has. Now I know where all of the Italian players on pbemitalia get their experience. And, I think I recognize that track...:cool: Beautifully done!

Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Pellegrino
Italy
Palermo
Sicilia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
John Weber wrote:
At WBC, I am glad to see Stock Car Racing will be back despite missing the cut on the trial vote, so I hope to see you there again this year, Fabio. I remember how close you came to winning last year, so you have to return and try to move up by just one position this year.

John,
it was a nice experience to know and see you and some friends from USA, but it is a bit expensive, so this year I only will go into 2 Italian Con, S.Marino and Lucca Comics and Games.
I am working to bring a friend of mine to the WBC for the next year, so maybe we will see again.
Fabio

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Pellegrino
Italy
Palermo
Sicilia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dingraham wrote:
I could only wish that my gaming group would take to Speed Circuit the yours has. Now I know where all of the Italian players on pbemitalia get their experience. And, I think I recognize that track...cool Beautifully done!

Dave

Hey Dave,
the Speed Circuit group is mostly taken from my club, but also from some players who are simply fan of formula 1. It was not so easy set up again a so large group of players. In the '90 we reached a 19 players group and it was really fun to play with FTF.
Only four driver (me -Giuseppe aka Joe- Mauro aka Aspirato - Mario aka The pigeon) today are running on PBEMITALIA because the trilling and the taste of the FTF game is deeply different.
The Italian drivers running PBEM are growing every day, and simply they learn to play PBEM, and the rules we apply are only played FTF in Palermo.
The PBEM game also has some rules changed and despite the look also the tracks are near but not the same, I designed again Adria to suite to the new rules and numbers of players.

Fabio

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.