Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Schamle
Netherlands
Eindhoven
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Got my first play of this last night in a four player game (we just played the short game). I was intrigued by the many possible ways to get victory and the wargame elements (man you can get into some arguements when the attack comes).

One thing I felt though was that we were always chronically short of workers to place. You could eventually get some resource buildings together but never be able to build (usually had to alternate resource gathering and production). I couldn't see how you could ever get even half of the things built.

What I thought might be the case was that it was wrong to remove workers from the production tiles during the effect phase but that's what it says in the rules. I get the feeling that if you were allowed to leave workers on the different resource tiles to continue working this might have a few benefits:

1) increase production since you don't have to keep removing and placing them (seems to be needed)
2) encourage specialization by players who then have resources to trade (encourage more interaction)
3) encourage more player cooperation when attacked (the stonecutter might be your rival but you need his stone to build your buildings).

Of course I have no idea what this would do for game balance. Has anyone tried this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.