Tyler Martin
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Mwa ha ha ha ha
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

I'm really intrigued by this game but the postage cost on a single/double game level make it just too pricey.

As such I wanted to see if there was enough interest from others in the UK to hit to 10 game pack level. Backing at this level $500 + $150 for P&P makes each game about £40 plus customs charges and UK internal shipping.(so maybe £50 - £55 all in)

Is anyone up for grouping together on this?

Cheers,
Tyler
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyler, talk to:

Lloyd
United Kingdom
Camden
London
flag msg tools
badge
This game is bullshit.
mbmbmbmbmb

He's trying to put together a group with some of the London on Board crew.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd
United Kingdom
Camden
London
flag msg tools
badge
This game is bullshit.
mbmbmbmbmb
Our full group of ten backers is;

Lloyd
United Kingdom
Camden
London
flag msg tools
badge
This game is bullshit.
mbmbmbmbmb

H J

London
msg tools
badge
mb

Pouria
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

fairfaxx
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Tyler Martin
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Mwa ha ha ha ha
mbmbmbmbmb

Teik Chooi Oh
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Shane Bennett
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Neil Corcoran
United Kingdom
Buckingham
Bucks
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Andrew Bond
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Matt Leach
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Martin
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Mwa ha ha ha ha
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I add my name to the list? I'm based in London if the intention was to have a LOB handover when it arrives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd
United Kingdom
Camden
London
flag msg tools
badge
This game is bullshit.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure; the more the merrier.

You can either pick it up from me at LoB or from Islington, where I'll probably get it delivered to.

I don't suppose you have any idea of how much the customs hit is likely to be, do you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Martin
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Mwa ha ha ha ha
mbmbmbmbmb
I just used this sitehttp://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calcul... for a rough calculation which came up with a total charge of £79.98. there will also be a handling fee from the postal company which is usually about £10 - 20 so I think we are looking at a tenner each on top of the base cost of $65 dollars per game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Holt
England
Rayleigh
Essex
flag msg tools
This is not the cat you're looking for - some other cat maybe?
badge
tout passe, tout lasse, tout casse
mbmbmbmbmb
sweetsweetdoughnuts wrote:

You can either pick it up from me at LoB or from Islington, where I'll probably get it delivered to.

I don't suppose you have any idea of how much the customs hit is likely to be, do you?

You will get hit for VAT (20%), there will be a (relatively small) Customs clearance fee charged by the shipper, there might also be import duty (which is probably in the range 5%-9% you'll need to ask hmrc for the exact rate)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teik Chooi Oh
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andyholt wrote:

You will get hit for VAT (20%), there will be a (relatively small) Customs clearance fee charged by the shipper, there might also be import duty (which is probably in the range 5%-9% you'll need to ask hmrc for the exact rate)

Think customs clearance charge is like £17 or £18? It is important that the person ordering reminds Pandasaurus to put value of package as $500 and not $650 as postage costs should not be included.

After having played the 1st edition and enjoying it and skipping chance to buy 2nd edition, I have always wanted a copy. So count me in please!

Live in North West but am in London frequently so happy to collect it there.

That makes 6 of us now then right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Bennett
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Lloyd put me down for one as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Corcoran
United Kingdom
Buckingham
Bucks
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to put in for a copy too.
I'm in the Milton Keynes area but would nip down the M1 or arrange some kind of pick up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ross
Scotland
Motherwell
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Scotland, not sure if the additional postage to here would be counterproductive and I'd be best ordering direct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teik Chooi Oh
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ska_dad wrote:
I'm in Scotland, not sure if the additional postage to here would be counterproductive and I'd be best ordering direct?

Local postage is only around £5 or 6 right? So up to you if you think the postage charged is worth it. Also, bear in mind custom duty which is always better if shared too.

Of course, you have to calculate & make this decision yourself.

So, not counting yourself, we have 8 in this deal at the moment?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Corcoran
United Kingdom
Buckingham
Bucks
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ska_dad wrote:

Just doing some calculations...(currency from google conversion)

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/post/buying.htm
and http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPort...
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/7788809#7788809

Is tax charged on value of goods or value + shipping fee?
Looking at the above links it would seem that there is no Excise duty,
Customs duty is also probably not charged and just the VAT will need to be paid.
So would my reckoning here be correct?
assuming $55 is the goods value
$85 = £52.50
$55 + 20% VAT $11 (c£7 ) = £60 + handling
$85 + 20% VAT $17 (c£10.50) = £63 + handling

As part of a group buy
$650 = £400
$500 + VAT $100 (c£61) [edit] = £46 + handling
$650 + VAT $130 (c£80) [edit] = £48 + handling

Has anyone any experience of what the expected handling fees charged on top of this might be and would they be the same for both single and bulk.
Also have I missed anything else or misinterpreted anything?

edit: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/760840/uk-import-tax-on-game... claims £8 RM handling fee in the thread
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Martin
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Mwa ha ha ha ha
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't quite understand your group buy calculations. Looking at them it would seem to actually be cheaper to buy a single copy.

I think the handling fee is universal no matter the size/cost of what is being handled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Corcoran
United Kingdom
Buckingham
Bucks
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TMVM wrote:
I don't quite understand your group buy calculations. Looking at them it would seem to actually be cheaper to buy a single copy.

I think the handling fee is universal no matter the size/cost of what is being handled.

Sorry about that, for the bulk it was the overall extra VAT cost in pounds not the final figure (I'll go edit it now blush).
I'd expect the individual costs to be £46 or £48 onto which you'd add the cost of handling and customs (which if labeled the right way would be %0).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Williamson
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys, I've already pledged for an individual copy. However, should you get to nine interested parties and need another to complete the 10, let me know and I'll arrange cancelling my current pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Holt
England
Rayleigh
Essex
flag msg tools
This is not the cat you're looking for - some other cat maybe?
badge
tout passe, tout lasse, tout casse
mbmbmbmbmb
The total handling fee for the group would be larger than the £8-10 for an individual package, but still probably less than £20.

However the customs and VAT for the large transaction is a virtual certainty (especially as a package that size is more economical via DHL or Fedex or whatever than the postal service) whereas there is a noticeable chance that at least some of the individual packages might not get charged.

swings and roundabouts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H J

London
msg tools
badge
mb
I've decided to back the game as part of Sweetsweet's group.

Here's hoping the game's kickstarter as a whole can get funding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Leach
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Add me in for a copy, if the group buy still open. Sounds ideal. What are arrangements re putting up cash?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teik Chooi Oh
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mattxboard wrote:
Add me in for a copy, if the group buy still open. Sounds ideal. What are arrangements re putting up cash?

great, from my count, that makes you 9th from list of 8 confirmed. 2 remains unconfirmed I believe

am sure it should get Kickstarted

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd
United Kingdom
Camden
London
flag msg tools
badge
This game is bullshit.
mbmbmbmbmb
mattxboard wrote:
What are arrangements re putting up cash?

To be honest, this is my first Kickstarter, but I'd say something along the lines of transferring £10 each when I place the order (as I'm then entering a contract to purchase them) with the remainder payable once the funding targets are hit, with any Duty charges to be sorted out on delivery.

How does that sound to everyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Leach
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mattxboard wrote:
What are arrangements re putting up cash?

To be honest, this is my first Kickstarter, but I'd say something along the lines of transferring £10 each when I place the order (as I'm then entering a contract to purchase them) with the remainder payable once the funding targets are hit, with any Duty charges to be sorted out on delivery.

How does that sound to everyone?

Sounds good to me. Let me know when!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H J

London
msg tools
badge
mb
I've not used kickstarter, so I may have misunderstood.

AFAIK the funding target is 35k. Once that is reached in backers, people funding the project will get a copy. (And once it's reached you're committed to buying, right?)

If that's the case, wouldn't that mean that we should be paying the full cost of the game if the 35k is reached and Sweetsweet backs it for us? (Pay duty etc. when it's delivered of course.)

Anything above 35k is just for the extra bits and bobs. The stuff we'd all like, but isn't part of the game. The early funders are guaranteeing the project is successful. People backing it later are funding the special bits.

I might be wrong, but having people only pay £10 when the different funding tiers a reached could be mean that it doesn't get funded at all.

Disclaimer: I know Sweetsweet so I'm cool with giving him my full share when 35k is reached.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Corcoran
United Kingdom
Buckingham
Bucks
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The full amount is taken when the funding deadline occurs,assuming the level is met. It's at 99% now so it's probably going to happen. We'd need to make sure the person paying had the $650 at the very least. They use amazon payments. If you have an amazon account it can link it to you on the kickstarter page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Martin
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
Mwa ha ha ha ha
mbmbmbmbmb
superrobot wrote:
The full amount is taken when the funding deadline occurs,assuming the level is met. It's at 99% now so it's probably going to happen. We'd need to make sure the person paying had the $650 at the very least. They use amazon payments. If you have an amazon account it can link it to you on the kickstarter page.

As superrobot says the pledged amount isn't taken until the funding period ends. In the case of Tammany Hall this is the 12th June. Until that date no money will be taken from backers. until that date backers can pledge, cancel a pledge, pledge again as many times as they wish.

$650 would create a fair dent in most bank accounts so I am happy to pay Lloyd whatever he needs to help ease this. Once the money has been taken and he knows exactly how much it is in pounds we can top up the excess and then pay the Import duties when te games arrive in this country.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.