Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all!

Well, I finally pulled the trigger and ordered this wonderful looking game. The boys and I are totally excited and can't wait to get it and play. We look forward to many hours of enjoyment and will have to occupy our time reading the rulebook until the game arrives.

A couple of quick questions:

1. What version of the rulebook will ship with the game, the 1.72 version here on BGG or an older one?

2. I was looking at the 1.72 version of the rulebook and I see on pages 15-16 discusses close combat, but the rules do not explain how to take prisoners. Looking at the forums, it looks like a 'kill' result allows the winner the option, but it's not in the current revision. Is that still correct?

Edit: Found it on page 16, right above the designers note. Sorry!

3. I know there were some promotions going on with early adopters getting personalized characters. Is there any way to still obtain a personalized leader?

Thanks for your time and patience!

Maus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Their most recent version ships with 1.72 rules and a nice player aid card.

2. N/A

3. From some email communication with Rob, the capability exists but is not going on right now, but likely will again down the road, so patience is needed. I want an Unteroffizier Mulder when it happens with a LOOK capability, blue box that directs "must shoot nearest enemy", has an MP40 with Hit+, and a bubble that allows 1 Move and 1 Hide action

Hey, as long as I'm dreaming right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been agonizing over this purchase for a while and now that I have our tax refund, decided to get something for me and the boys.

I'd really love a German officer with our last name and/or an American one to honor my Grandfather who passed away last year.

I'm hoping the expansion will allow a good 3-player setup since we're getting that and the 2 squad packs.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Maus

Edit: Is there a FAQ located somewhere? I've searched BGG and the LBG website has a spot open for one but none exists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Duval
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="Maus"]Hi all!

Well, I finally pulled the trigger and ordered this wonderful looking game. The boys and I are totally excited and can't wait to get it and play. We look forward to many hours of enjoyment and will have to occupy our time reading the rulebook until the game arrives.

A couple of quick questions:

1. What version of the rulebook will ship with the game, the 1.72 version here on BGG or an older one?

2. I was looking at the 1.72 version of the rulebook and I see on pages 15-16 discusses close combat, but the rules do not explain how to take prisoners. Looking at the forums, it looks like a 'kill' result allows the winner the option, but it's not in the current revision. Is that still correct?

As far as I know Todd the rules state that if you pull a kill during a fight you have the option of either killing the guy your fighting with or taking him prisoner. The newest version of the rules should have come with your box set. Also note read thru your quickstart cardboard players guide and the example of play. Some rules that are not explained in the book are actually explained on the quickstart card.

Ex. There is no rules for how you define who is engaged, but on the quickstart card it explains it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks for the reply about the quickstart guide. We can't wait until the game gets here to start playing. I keep hitting refresh at the LBG website to see if the game shipped yet even though I know it might take a little bit of time to assemble the order.

Maus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just pulled the trigger as well. Ordered Day of Days and Road to Carenten. Later today I'll place an order for each of the squad bundles as it seems to be a nice value (relative) by getting the extra leader. This should allow for 4 players with each player having a leader I suppose. Can't wait to get it. My gaming group is having a big noon-midnight gaming session on May 26th and I hope to surprise them with this puppy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Billings
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
Maus wrote:

Thanks for the reply about the quickstart guide. We can't wait until the game gets here to start playing. I keep hitting refresh at the LBG website to see if the game shipped yet even though I know it might take a little bit of time to assemble the order.

Maus

Todd, your order left the factory yesterday. Hope you enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great!

I'll let the kids know they can start stalking the UPS guy until the game arrives.

I would like to say thanks to all the LBG staff that constantly helps everyone in these forums. That level of involvement in the community was a factor in the purchase of the game. I love the fact that Michael, Kevin and everyone involved with the game are so friendly, active and helpful.

Maus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maik Brinkmann
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
I totally agree with Maus, the service so far is outstanding. I ordered the game last week and I am also constantly checking the USPS side. It is a long way to Singapore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.