Subject: Successful Run on R&D rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Bernardo
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I make a successful run on R&D. I draw a wall. What happens? Does the Corp have a chance to REZ the wall, or do I trash it for free?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neither.

Cards in R&D cannot be rezzed (although some special cards still take effect in R&D, but they are always noted as such.)

You cannot trash cards without a trash cost (like ICE).

What this means is that running R&D again before the Corp draws that wall is useless unless you can force him to reshuffle or you can access more than one card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain K
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Agreed, with one exception, AS I RECALL, there is a Runner card that allows the Runner to trash anything they find in R&D, again IIRC by paying the Rez cost.

DISCLAIMER, I can't think of the card and I may be confused by:
Romp Through HQ,
which allows you to trash *any* card exposed in HQ for free.
- or -
Startup Immolator
which allows you to trash ICE by paying it's rez cost, but only after you have run against said ICE successfully.

Anyone know if I'm remembering a real card or just dreaming?

Enjoy the game !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, yes, it is a CCG, there are cards that break every rule. There is one that let's you trash your way through R&D, can't recall the name at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Bernardo
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! If I pass a wall, is it derezzed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Linnell
United States
Bedford
NH
flag msg tools
I really need a new badge, avatar, and overtext. GM me with any ideas....
badge
This is the seahorse valley
mb
evilpanda wrote:
Thanks! If I pass a wall, is it derezzed?

No.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I successfully run R&D and discover an ICE (wall, sentry, codegate) as the draw, I know some important things:

1) The next Corp draw is that ICE. I know its strength, subroutines and rez cost.

2) If the Corp hand is light, I can possibly keep track of where that ICE ends up.

3) The Corp will not be drawing an Agenda this turn, unless they burn an action to DRAW, which is often Risky as the Corp.

4) I know what it takes to run R&D and that the current state of that fort (rezzed ICE, upgrades, etc). I know that if there are unrezzed cards in the fort that the Corp either cannot afford them, or has other plans for those bits. This means unless the state of that fort changes, I should be able to run R&D next turn, and the turn after that, and the turn after that...

Just because I cannot trash the card does not mean the run was not valuable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.