Robotory» Forums » General

Subject: Russian Anyone? Robotory with paper mechs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kumo KNS
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found this on the internet: http://www.boardgamer.ru/robotory-raspechataj-i-igraj-2 (or here: http://www.boardgamer.ru/forum/index.php?topic=2079.msg7170#...)

It's a very nice themed version. I was thinking about using some kind of Battletech mech, but this is even easier.

But I don't speak russian. I guess the links under the text, pointing to .cdr files are the templates for this wonderful version. But it's another web in russian.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxim Steshenko
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! May I help you?
I downloaded all files, but board in .jpg format had been removed from hosting, so I got it only in .cbr (Color Draw file) format. But I can offer you another board that I use. It will also fit Battletech theme.
There are no instructions about how to assemble mechs, so here you are on your own.
You can download .zip with files here: http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/346974/robotory_-_ba...
ZIP contains:
robotory - mechs.jpg - Paper miniatures.
robotory - board.cdr - Board. Sadly, I have no software to convert it to .jpg.
robotory_map_and_rull.pdf - Board that I recommend. Downloaded here.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kumo KNS
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll going togive it a shot.

Thank you very much!

Edit: Whoops! The file not longer exits. Do you still have a copy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MyO the HedgeFox
Russia
flag msg tools
The Verse flows throughout Aquaria. Through each ripple and wave, through every living being, The Verse binds us all as one.
mbmbmbmbmb

Click the image on ITmages site to see it in full size.

A quick translation of designer's notes:
__

I found a PnP-kit for Robotory -- for the game field, that is, -- and I rushed to make paper miniatures for it, in full 3D as they say...
What could I do? I love mecha walkers -- could not help it) And I remade the game field too)
[I could not find his game field re-design, unfortunately. -- MyOtHF]

Decided to make everyting in CorelDraw since I know nothing else) Of course I did not fiddle with those little flaps of paper used for glueing it all together -- made them without much calculation.
I printed them out on regular paper using an inkjet printer, paper-glued them to Whatman paper, cut them out, scored/bent them into shape and glued them together using instant superglue.

I reinforced mecha legs with steel wire (can't tell if they are durable enough without it, but they sure stand up well with it) and additional strips of robot-coloured paper (in the upper part of the JPG file).
[You can see both the wire reinforcement and the paper strips on the lower photo. The wire can be clearly seen on black robot, and strips of paper are easily noticeable on white robot's joints. Another strip of paper glues crotch area to the inner side of the legs -- it can be seen on one of black robot's legs. -- MyOtHF]

First I wanted to make the red robot completely different (he can use all the disks after all!), but then I scrapped the idea and just changed the angle of his "face".

The result was something that looked like Mechwarrior and Battletech. I surely was satisfied with the result) At least for the first attempt... Maybe somebody will make good use of this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kumo KNS
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MyO the HedgeFox
Russia
flag msg tools
The Verse flows throughout Aquaria. Through each ripple and wave, through every living being, The Verse binds us all as one.
mbmbmbmbmb
You are welcome. =) Please thumb up the topic to recommend it to everybody else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.