Green Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
This looks tasty...
badge
Yuck!
mbmbmbmbmb
Stopped in yesterday and saw the Red Dot Sale is now up to 75% off.

I picked up another copy of Alhambra for $10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lloyd
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Left Hand Reviews w/ Clawlan!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TrojanDan wrote:

did they have anything else of note?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Chen
United States
Green Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
This looks tasty...
badge
Yuck!
mbmbmbmbmb
clawlan wrote:
TrojanDan wrote:

did they have anything else of note?

I also got my kid a fun little light-up drum, does that count?
(There were copies of Castle Keep, Adios Amigos, and Illuminati: Deluxe Edition. )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Cale
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again.
mbmbmb
I wonder if this is happening at my local store. Hmmm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
All the B&N near didn't have any copies of Alhambra or Hive weeks ago
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RiffRaff14 wrote:

Same here, although I did pick up Time's Up! Title Recall! for 50% off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lloyd
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
debating if i want to drive to a B&N to check this out after work. A little bit out of my way...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Goff
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gregarius wrote:
RiffRaff14 wrote:

Same here, although I did pick up Time's Up! Title Recall! for 50% off.

Bought 2 today at 75% off. Great gifts!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greensburg PA store has nothing. A clerk said they boxed all clearance merch up to be sent back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Boyle
United States
Indiana
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Donald wrote:
Greensburg PA store has nothing. A clerk said they boxed all clearance merch up to be sent back.

Thanks for the heads up on this one. Was going to try and stop this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got 2 copies of Hive and one What's Your Word at the Fresh Meadows, NY location.

They still had one more Hive, bunch of Munchkin Quest, Killer Bunnies Conquest, Castle Keep, Sushi Slam, and 2x Adios Amigos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lloyd
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
Got 2 copies of Hive and one What's Your Word at the Fresh Meadows, NY location.

They still had one more Hive, bunch of Munchkin Quest, Killer Bunnies Conquest, Castle Keep, Sushi Slam, and 2x Adios Amigos

nothing in Atlanta

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fenrick
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked up Alhambra. Figured I would find nothing, but I'm happy with my haul. For what it's worth, there was nothing else worth mentioning and I got the last copy in one of the OKC locations. Thanks OP!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Checked the Edison, NJ one. The only thing they had was a few copies of Sushi Roll and one copy of Killer Bunnies, which looked to be already opened and closed back up again (and a few other no-name "family" games). I was looking forward to Alhambra

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LSU LSU
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
None of the good stuff is on sale in Virginia Beach. They have a nice section - lots of FFG games, plus TTR, Settlers, etc. But it is all MSRP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And just checked the North Brunswick, NJ one, the only game I even recognized on clearance was Illuminati: Deluxe Edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Chan
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
For those in Orange County, Southern California, the Woodbridge Irvine and Irvine Marketplace B&N had nothing recognizable - I walked away with Killer Bunnies (only BGG game I could recognize and only one copy) just because I didn't want to go empty-handed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hello Acme... Two Words - Product Liability!!
United States
Surprise
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone finds an inshrink Agricola, I would be willing to trade for it for my inshrink copy of Alhambra and Hive.

Agricola is not on sale out here in Phoenix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Underwriter wrote:
If anyone finds an inshrink Agricola, I would be willing to trade for it for my inshrink copy of Alhambra and Hive.

Agricola is not on sale out here in Phoenix.

Agricola is not on sale at any B&N locations afaik. The titles on clearance are set system wide even if individual stores haven't moved them to the clearance table in every location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Edgar
United States
Pace
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Managed to pick up Sushi Roll! for $4. They also had copies of Adios Amigos, Castle Keep and The T-Shirt Game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Downtown Bellevue B&N claimed to have Alhambra but three employees looking couldn't find any copies. I saw a few games from this list that were not stickered as clearance or on the clearance table but rang up at the 75% off prices.

Beyond that, a ton of copies of Adios Amigos and Killer Bunnies, two Illuminati, and lots of terrible-looking party games. They had two Settlers Histories (which I thought someone had mentioned was on clearance) but they rang up at full price.

I got the last two copies of Hive and the last Munchkin Quest (all but one Hive are for gifts). If anyone gets an extra Alhambra I'm interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sixteen Blue
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:
Downtown Bellevue B&N claimed to have Alhambra but three employees looking couldn't find any copies. I saw a few games from this list that were not stickered as clearance or on the clearance table but rang up at the 75% off prices.

Beyond that, a ton of copies of Adios Amigos and Killer Bunnies, two Illuminati, and lots of terrible-looking party games. They had two Settlers Histories (which I thought someone had mentioned was on clearance) but they rang up at full price.

I got the last two copies of Hive and the last Munchkin Quest (all but one Hive are for gifts). If anyone gets an extra Alhambra I'm interested.

Man, I tried this store a couple weeks ago but since nothing was in the clearance section I didn't think they would ring up cheap. Bummer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
SixteenBlue wrote:

Man, I tried this store a couple weeks ago but since nothing was in the clearance section I didn't think they would ring up cheap. Bummer.

The employees were VERY helpful and excited to have someone interested in games. It might be worth going back. I haven't been to the Crossroads store in a few weeks but when this sale first started they had exactly nothing in the way of games. At the time though I didn't think to check the regular price shelves and ask for price checks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked up Hive for $5 after member discount and a 15% coupon in Mandeville, LA.

Nothing else of interest at either the Mandeville or Metairie location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.