Recommend
16 
 Thumb up
 Hide
22 Posts

Clash of Cultures» Forums » General

Subject: Any updates? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Chen
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering if anyone (especially Christian) has information regarding the current status of the game and whether playtesting has concluded? I'm really anticipating the publication of the game as it looks to be possibly the one and only civilisation game that I'll acquire for my family.
Many thanks in advance!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I wrote to Sophie of Filosophia after the last release list of Z-man games came out and I specifically asked about Wok Star and Clash of Cultures. Sophie answered directly about wok star but on this said I'd have to check out the next release list.


I hope I'm not reading too much into that, but I'm optimistic that we might see this on the next Release list based off that. I think Sophie would have said no if it had been ruled out. I really enjoyed playtesting it and really would like to purchase the game to play it again.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chen
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads-up, Anthony! I envy you and the other fine geeks who got to playtest this game. Anyway, let's hope COC gets proper mention in Z-Man's next game-release list then!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. I can't really give any concrete updates but here are a few tid bits

1) The game has a publisher
2) It was supposed to be out very soon, but has recently gotten pushed back due to some issues (not related to the game).
3) Artwork is turning out great (I hope soon to show something once the game is annonced)
4) I suspect there will be something official in a few months.

Thanks for your interest
20 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
marqzen wrote:
Hi. I can't really give any concrete updates but here are a few tid bits

1) The game has a publisher
2) It was supposed to be out very soon, but has recently gotten pushed back due to some issues (not related to the game).
3) Artwork is turning out great (I hope soon to show something once the game is annonced)
4) I suspect there will be something official in a few months.

Thanks for your interest


Could it be an Essen 2012 release?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It could, on my part. But this is where all the tricky stuff about publishing games comes into play. Stuff like already having many games ready for Essen, is Essen the right place to release the game, etc etc... All kinds of stuff which have nothing really to do with the game and more to do with marketing, business, and cash-flow. So I really can't say when it will be released (nor can the publsiher - we simply don't know yet)

But within a few months that should be much clearer, and that is when I expect we will start getting announcements and stuff.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valenze
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I look forward to hearing more.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, its good to hear it does have a publisher. I suspected it based off Sophies cryptic response, but it nice to hear official confirmation that there is a publisher (even if I ended up guessing the wrong one).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
Avatar
mb
Can't wait for this one!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. I really appretiate the interest
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news. Count me in.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy waffles
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Glad to hear the news!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chen
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the information, Christian! Personally, I was thinking that if CoC had no actual publisher, many of us would likely be willing to fund the game's early publication through alternative means like Kickstarter etc. Based on the following of geeks you have for this game, I reckon that it'll definitely reach a reasonable funding goal and more besides.
Just sharing my thoughts!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, its an expenssive game to produce though. But realistic, and something I would do if needed
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This game look fantastic!

Question, do you have different "factions" to play and if so, are they asymetrical?

You know, this game looks like it got everything to make me drool: modular map with hexes, nice graphics, long to play so you have the time to set your strategy in motion...

Can't wait to hear more about it!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhezuss wrote:
This game look fantastic!

Question, do you have different "factions" to play and if so, are they asymetrical?

You know, this game looks like it got everything to make me drool: modular map with hexes, nice graphics, long to play so you have the time to set your strategy in motion...

Can't wait to hear more about it!


Hi, thanks! I cant wait till I can show off some more and things really start to take off.

No the game does not have factions. While I can definately see why factions are cool (and love it in games like TI3) I wanted to take a different approach to CoC.

The game features so many advances (and they play such a central role) that these will "color" each civilization to such a degree that making starting factions was not needed. I thought it would be cool to look back at your civ and think to yourself "I kind of made the Greeks" rather than starting out as the greeks. I hope Im making sense
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
Avatar
mb
Yes, entirely. I prefer it this way. Thanks!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
marqzen wrote:
Rhezuss wrote:
This game look fantastic!

Question, do you have different "factions" to play and if so, are they asymetrical?

You know, this game looks like it got everything to make me drool: modular map with hexes, nice graphics, long to play so you have the time to set your strategy in motion...

Can't wait to hear more about it!


Hi, thanks! I cant wait till I can show off some more and things really start to take off.

No the game does not have factions. While I can definately see why factions are cool (and love it in games like TI3) I wanted to take a different approach to CoC.

The game features so many advances (and they play such a central role) that these will "color" each civilization to such a degree that making starting factions was not needed. I thought it would be cool to look back at your civ and think to yourself "I kind of made the Greeks" rather than starting out as the greeks. I hope Im making sense


Honestly, I love it!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels K.
Belgium
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
marqzen wrote:
No the game does not have factions. While I can definately see why factions are cool (and love it in games like TI3) I wanted to take a different approach to CoC.

The game features so many advances (and they play such a central role) that these will "color" each civilization to such a degree that making starting factions was not needed. I thought it would be cool to look back at your civ and think to yourself "I kind of made the Greeks" rather than starting out as the greeks. I hope Im making sense


Makes sense to me. I was searching the forum to find out which factions will be included with the game, but his actually sounds great.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bulwa X
Poland
flag msg tools
I want to buy it! Now .
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Sanderlin
United States
Maryland Heights
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.