Subject: Multiple players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
E William
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey there. I was curious to know just how many players this wargame can accommodate? I see it's a pretty massive game in regards to the map size and the number of units, but how well can this work if you have multiple players (lets say 6)? Do you run the risk of confusion between players or is it easy enough to split this up by regiments and divisions for players to control?

This looks like quite an investment in money and time, but I just wanted to know before some friends of mine go this direction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Holte
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

It's pretty easy to split up.

If three for the Allies, I'd split it up between the Cotentin, Omaha/Gold and Juno/Sword.

The Germans can be split likewise. If there are an odd number, go with the lower number on the German side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty Coleman
United States
Geismar
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had four on one side (allies had a CW general, a general for Omaha and a general for Utah with an overall commander making the supply and strategic decisions) and three for the Germans, one for Caen to Bayeux, then another from Bayeux to Carentan and the other from Carentan to Cherbourg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lupi
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that it easily plays starting with 2, all the way up to 7. Just add the 3rd player to the allies, 4th to the germans, etc.. up to 7. You might be able to manage a 4th on the german side although once the peninsula gets eliminated you may have a shortage of quality assignments (although each turn should get done pretty quick).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.