Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Question that I didnt see here on the forums, my little reference sheet that came with the game says the following about Hephaestus (important part bold):
Quote:
You can draw 2 additional 'magic items' cards, keep one face down, put the other back...

But in the main rulebook it says:
Quote:
Magic items are kept face up by the player who claimed them.

So am I correct in the assumption that a magic item claimed by Hephaestus' 2nd ability is not revealed to the other players but any other magic item cards are?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Temple
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the way we've played it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Sounds like we'll play it that way as well.

Another question for you, Im betting that the Giant cannot squash a Necropolis? Just like it cant kill a Metropolis?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jybe Jybe
msg tools
Right. Giant can destroy a Theater, but not a Necropolis (or a Metropole).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And one more question while Ive got you helpful folks!

Can I discard a priestess if someone plays Artemis' arrows? So the creature stays with me? Or do arrows ignore mere mortals?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Herrera
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luftwaffe Flak wrote:
And one more question while Ive got you helpful folks!

Can I discard a priestess if someone plays Artemis' arrows? So the creature stays with me? Or do arrows ignore mere mortals?

A Priestess does not work on Devine Favors
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronin Daimyo
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to make sure that I understand this correctly: does Hephaestus get only one magic item face down or two magic items: one face up from his first ability and the other he chooses one of the two and keeps that one face down from the second ability?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Moore
United States
Waynesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question about magic items: how many turns can you keep them? Until use, or two turns max?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Gambetti
Italy
Bolzano
flag msg tools
designer
And plastic for the Plastic Throne!
badge
No! This is not a board game, but Stanislao Moulinsky in one of his best disguises!
mbmbmbmbmb
capn_tucker wrote:
Question about magic items: how many turns can you keep them? Until use, or two turns max?

It looks like there's a translation error in the English rules: in fact the French (and German) rules state that magic items can be used "in the turn they are obtained or in the following rounds".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Moore
United States
Waynesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bombadillo wrote:
capn_tucker wrote:

It looks like there's a translation error in the English rules: in fact the French (and German) rules state that magic items can be used "in the turn they are obtained or in the following rounds".

Wow, that IS a big error! I'm glad I asked about this. Some of the literature says magic items could be used later, but the rules say use when you draw it, or on the next turn.
This makes magic items much more useful. If they had to be expended by the following turn, you might not have had a use for them just yet, and they would be worthless. Thanks Nicola!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Gambetti
Italy
Bolzano
flag msg tools
designer
And plastic for the Plastic Throne!
badge
No! This is not a board game, but Stanislao Moulinsky in one of his best disguises!
mbmbmbmbmb
capn_tucker wrote:
Wow, that IS a big error! I'm glad I asked about this. Some of the literature says magic items could be used later, but the rules say use when you draw it, or on the next turn.
This makes magic items much more useful. If they had to be expended by the following turn, you might not have had a use for them just yet, and they would be worthless. Thanks Nicola!

You're welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.