Subject: Game Components rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received my game today and am looking at it now. I'm amazed at the components. I really am. I haven't yet cracked the rule book open and I'm in love with this game!

I want every reader curious about this game to know that Clever Mojo didn't cut any corners in producing one of the most beautiful looking games I've ever seen. These pieces are the best wooden markers, plastic place holders, and extra-thick cardboard tiles most of you will ever see.

They are well painted, beautifully designed and inviting. I've been touching them, turning them over and drinking in the artwork for the last half hour.

I'm so happy that I backed this project!

I'm flabbergasted. This quality of game is certainly not standard fair today. You have to go back many, many decades to find games like this. What a joy!

The box is so heavy, it can't be held with one hand for more than a few seconds. Honestly. I haven't weighed it, but it's gotta go about 100-125 lbs.

I'm kidding about that, but it's the heaviest game I own, and I own close to 80.

Thank you Isaias Vallejo and Clever Mojo Games!

Now to the rule book....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Stingel
Australia
Cairns
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
now I really can't wait to get my hands on it - probably another couple of weeks wait for me here in Australia..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Dundy.

Where should I send your kickback check?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Send him a moist towelette too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
The components are fantastic. But Clever Mojo Games has once again deprived me of one of the best parts of getting a new game - punching out the pieces. Though if there were sheets of bits to be punched, I don't think they would have fit in the box with the insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmcmahon wrote:
The components are fantastic. But Clever Mojo Games has once again deprived me of one of the best parts of getting a new game - punching out the pieces. Though if there were sheets of bits to be punched, I don't think they would have fit in the box with the insert.

We actually considered unpunched sheets, but doing so would have increased the box depth by about 50% and added another pound or two to the already HEAVY game.

I'll do my best to have unpunched sheets in our next creation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leslie Taylor
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CleverMojo wrote:
We actually considered unpunched sheets, but doing so would have increased the box depth by about 50% and added another pound or two to the already HEAVY game.

When I got the game in today, I assumed it was unpunched because of how heavy it was. I am just amazed by these tiles.

Amazing job!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melody
Canada
Madeira Park
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
I have no willpower :)
badge
(.ㅅ.) The meaning of life is tuna >'.'<
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooooh this is so scrumptious. I was prepared for the awesome components but no one mentioned the beautiful vanilla smell from the bags, it lasted for about 5 mins. kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Caminha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
And so it begins...
mb
sunshiny wrote:
I was prepared for the awesome components but no one mentioned the beautiful vanilla smell from the bags, it lasted for about 5 mins. kiss

I knew that smell was familiar! Slightly vanilla it is. Congrats to Clever Mojo for the awesome components. I will debut this game today and the other players will be surprised by the thickness of the tiles and the quality of the tokens. The Key to the City pin is beautiful too.

EDIT: Is it me or the Lobbyst card reminds of that deceased lybian dictator, Muammar Gaddafi?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.