Popular Tags: [View All]
Dario Domenici
Italy
Roma
RM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi to all

It seems my post went unnoticed: does anyone else feel some conter value need corrections?

moresby wrote:
One more thing, though.

I've gone through unit values and a few of them don't sound quite right:

Panthers look a bit too fast compared to Shermans (actually their brethren Jagdpanthers have been given a more proper 4 movement value): their 5 movement (if not 6) points should have been granted to Cromwells!

Fireflies should have the same movement capability of other Shermans (you might say they had different engines than US M4A1s, but even British M4A4s -same engine as Fireflies- have 4 mps).

Also, Achilles should have the same hard target hitting factors than Fireflies and 17Pdr ATG (same gun!): with these values, Achilles can be used to represent Wolverines (British name for US M10TD).

Yesterday, my KG Dauer HQ rolled a 1 when the unit it was stacked with got hit. I have been quite happy seeing the reduced HQ showed no degradation in any of its values (my opponent wasn't). SS superiority or typo error?

It wouldn't be hard to play using correct values (or patched unit chits), but scenario balance might be affected.

Lastly, a minor fault (no wrong chit value, only an unsuited printed silouhette) about German air support: these scenarios are all set in the 1944-1945 timeframe, when SchlachtGeschwadern (Luftwaffe air support/ground attack squadrons) weren't equipped with Ju-87 anymore: in the rare event of a Luftwaffe visit on the battlefield, an FW-190 Jabo would have been a better choice. The last Stukas were mostly used in night harassing raids on the Eastern fornt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Druelinger
United States
Joppa
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
some good pickups here. I know the stats guy on the team and will be sure he is aware. I will say that I enjoy the game very much and much of the stats on units may be more for balance than extreme accuracy. I would also say each unit is a platoon made up mainly of the tank on the counter so it is more of a platoon stat than an idividual tank stat.
Thanks
Sean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dario Domenici
Italy
Roma
RM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, but why a platoon of Cromwell shouldn't be faster than a platoon of Shermans? However, I've gone through most of unit movement values (including Operation Cobra and the few known unit from Desert Heat), made a nice comparation table (actual speed, counter movement factor and suggested corrections) but it doesn't fit well into reply boxes so I had to adapt it.
It is here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/811283/french-r-35-too-fast
I've begun working on modified counters too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.