Subject: Yay, I got my brand new Mage Knight and and, wait... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas MacKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
I have two packs of Night/Day cards, and seem to be missing the hero, site description, etc. cards. Are those important?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Bradley
United Kingdom
Haverhill
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
The best things in life aren't things.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes they're all pretty vital :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Boomhower
United States
Fairfield
VT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of people have been reporting component issues with this printing...should I be worried about my incoming copy? Was this as common with the first printing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bummer. And you've probably been waiting ages for it too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. snowMan
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The hero cards are not so important, they're just pretty.

The site descriptions, on the other hand, are technically part of the rulebook. There are rules on those cards that do not appear in the rulebook, or only appear in the walkthrough (which is not really supposed to be a rules reference)

You can use the walkthrough as a substitute, but you should order replacements ASAP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn i'd be pissed hard!
I've read a lot of things lately concerning this issue and i'm postponing my order for this game due to that.

What's weird is that many report completely different missing pieces...like you with the cards, others with crystals and other with castles...

Check your things and take one more day if needed to ship 100% completed games please...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian van Someren
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the site descriptions, you can print out copies of all the cards in the Files section:

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/72341/site-description-car...

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/72342/site-description-car...

Other than that, you'll want Skill descriptions, check out the last page of this file:

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/75296/complete-rules-refer...

Now you should be set to enjoy this awesome game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark S
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the 'heads up' on this issue. Just opened mine up and checked, thankfully everything is there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rhezuss wrote:
I've read a lot of things lately concerning this issue and i'm postponing my order for this game due to that.

You are crazy! The chance of you having a packing error are low and the game is fantastic.

Even if you do find an error, there are several reports from people who requested replacement components and received them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
Rhezuss wrote:

You are crazy! The chance of you having a packing error are low and the game is fantastic.

Even if you do find an error, there are several reports from people who requested replacement components and received them.

Hahaha thanks for the compliment!

It won't stop me from buying this game, don't worry, but I still think it's bad from a company to have, what it seems, many games shipped with missing components.

But yeah, i'm crazy...even more so due to not having the game yet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine showed up on Monday and as far as I can tell after my initial walthrough of the game, everything arrived with mine.

Now, to somehow manage to make more free time and get the extra leaf in the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas MacKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Thanks for the helpful links.

What is especially annoying is that I purposely waited longer to buy it from my gaming-club vendor to support him. Also, I am now compelled to go through the entire component checklist on the Wizkids site because they "are only able to fulfill one request per game purchase. Please ensure all of your product replacement needs have been identified prior to completing your order."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Pontiff
United States
Houma
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well at least you got your copy. I preordered mine from CoolStuffInc.com and it still hasn't shipped yet. I will be ticked if I have missing parts as well. Heck, I'd be ticked even if it was another game. I hate missing parts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
somaddict wrote:
I have two packs of Night/Day cards, and seem to be missing the hero, site description, etc. cards. Are those important?

No! You're lucky. These just have informational content on them, you can just print it out. We never look at the site description cards anyway, it's more convenient to have the same information on reference sheets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kennedy
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm. Just got my copy. I am missing a blank command token for one hero and have an extra "level 9-10" token for another. Guess I'll just repurpose it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my copy, and all the pieces were there. However my Tovak was missing his head.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.