Subject: Economy Chess is available! (free full game download) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ElKitch Tasso
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A new chess variant is available now: Economy Chess!

It's regular chess, but with the boardspace taken into account. Move your pieces to conquer squares, gain income from them and build new pieces to check mate your opponent's king.

Unfortunatly it has no AI at this time. So youll have to play the game locally against yourself or with a friend.

Download the game here:
http://www.chess.com/download/view/economy-chess

Screenshot:

Good luck and have fun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p55carroll
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Smooth seas make the voyage more pleasant.
badge
A ship in port is safe, and that's just what ports are for.
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting idea. Space is an important commodity in regular chess. Here it can be directly turned into a force advantage.

My guess is that it will tend to bring the game to a tipping point that pretty much determines victory in the middle game, making most endgames one-sided.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ElKitch Tasso
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, I was thinking it too. I hope solid chessplayers will play the game and share their thoughts. I am curious about the openingstrategy. Getting an economical advantage will be part of that.

Midgame will be much longer, as players buy new pieces and are able to make emergency moves. I added a mechanism that slightly favors the person behind:

the amount of coins you recieve per turn = #squares you own - #of pieces you got

So if a piece gets captured you lose a square and a piece, and at that time no income.
-----------

***** WELCOME TO ECONOMY CHESS *****

“Conquer new lands, build pieces and check-mate your opponents king!”

***** GAMERULES *****

- Objective: Check mate your opponents king

- Rules: all normal FIDE rules apply, including castling and en passant.

***** What’s different? *****

In this game the player gains income from the chessboard by conquering squares. The income is added to the players savings and if he has enough coins he is able to by new pieces to reinforce his army.

***** Owning a square *****

A player owns a square when he stands on it with a piece. Also if he moves the piece away, he still owns the square. At the start of your game you own 16 squares, because you have 16 pieces standing on the squares.

***** Conquering a square *****

There are two ways of conquering a square:

- move a piece onto a neutral or enemy controlled square. You are now the new owner of this square!

- capture an enemy piece. Because you got a piece on the square you are now the new owner of this square!

***** Income *****

The income is calculated like this:

(Total number of squares owned at the end of your turn) – (the number of pieces) = (income)

Example: White has 20 squares and 15 pieces. He then gains (20-15=) 5 coins income.

Example: Black owns 37 squares, but has only 6 pieces. He then gains (37-6=) 31 coins income.

Your income is added to your savings at the end of your turn.

***** Buying new pieces *****

If you have enough savings, you may buy as many new pieces as you can affort and place. New pieces are placed in your starting area. There are a couple conditions to placing a new piece.

- You must own the square

- You got enough money to buy

- The square is empty (no enemy or friendly piece)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.