Subject: Pathos Amulet & Keep Firing combo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Loomi Loomi
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey all, just a thought...

- i activate Hermann's Pathos Amulet & win the mental duel against a Union target thus allowing me to control my target attack the closest friend/foe.

i also have a shocktrooper which has the Keep Firing ability on Overwatch on the same path as the Union target.

after the Union target has attacked, i can still move it away from Hermann.

for each step the Union target moves away, does it trigger the shocktrooper's Overwatch attack?

just a combo my friend & i were discussing about...wondering if it's valid..

thanks in advance~

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miah Terry
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly I've never seen this in a game so I don't have any personal experience, but what you describe sounds legal.

In fact if the Schock shares a path with the Union character before the attack, the attack action should also trigger Overwatch. So there is a chance that the Union character could be killed before they ever have a chance to fire or move.

When I feel better I'll have to look over all the rules and official rulings to see if this works for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
/|\ Roland /|\
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol.... that just sounds awesome. I haven't even played my copy yet, but just imagining that scenario cracks me up!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gallagher
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1. How are you moving the Union figure that has been effected by Pathos Amulet? It only allows you to use that figure, with your chose of its weapons, to attack the closest unit to it.

2. This attack is not an action on behalf of that unit as it is outside of that unit's activation and thus would not trigger the overwatch of your shocktruppen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.