Hide
5 Posts

1812: The Invasion of Canada» Forums » Variants

Subject: Quick 'n dirty solo variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gamee McGee
msg tools
At the end of each faction's turn, shuffle all unused cards back into the draw pile. Draw three new cards at the beginning of the faction's next turn.

I tried this, and it went much faster, and was much more enjoyable as it did not give me the pounding headache of trying not to overthink what my next self's move would be, because I didn't know what cards my other self would have on his next turn. In short, it retains the element of surprise that is otherwise impossible when you know what both sides are holding in their hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Severus Snape
Canada
flag msg tools
Pascal said, "The eternal silence of these infinite spaces terrifies me."
badge
"The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of."--Pascal
mbmbmbmbmb
rtalb079 wrote:
At the end of each faction's turn, shuffle all unused cards back into the draw pile. Draw three new cards at the beginning of the faction's next turn.

I tried this, and it went much faster, and was much more enjoyable as it did not give me the pounding headache of trying not to overthink what my next self's move would be, because I didn't know what cards my other self would have on his next turn. In short, it retains the element of surprise that is otherwise impossible when you know what both sides are holding in their hands.

If it works for you, then it works. For myself, I just cannot imagine myself not having to fiddle with the cards, especially given my knack for filling hands with the special cards, even though there only be four of them. But then that's me.

goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamee McGee
msg tools
bentlarsen wrote:
rtalb079 wrote:

If it works for you, then it works. For myself, I just cannot imagine myself not having to fiddle with the cards, especially given my knack for filling hands with the special cards, even though there only be four of them. But then that's me.

goo

Yeah, always more fun to play with real people. But for those of us who sometimes have difficulty getting a group of gamers together....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uchogu
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, i just like this solo variant :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Klein
Germany
48151 Münster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have to try that Sounds Interisting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.