Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip Hwang
United States
Elmsford
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed in one of the videos the use of specific hand signs during casting. There are also hand signs on the backs of the cards (where the proper pronunciations are), but I could not tell from the front of the card how the hand sign is determined. Does anyone know?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiwaz Tyrsfist
United States
Gladstone
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
Yay, Overtext bought with supporter GG!
badge
Supporter #3170 - I hope the bonus gets high enough that I can buy GeekBadge Overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
We don't really know yet, beyond the statement that basic handsigns will apply to lower level spells of a certain type (like most low level defenses will have the same 1-2 hand signs, etc), while higher level spells will have more specialized or unique hand signs. Probably they will be tied into the language of the words of creation, but that's still undergoing final revision, and we don't really know yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Breden
United States
Independence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a linguist and a sign language interpreter, I really hope that they put the same amount of linguistic attention into creation of the manual (hand sign) components of the language that they have for the spoken ones. It would be good if they had consistency over the phonemic (meaning possible handshapes and hand orientation, in this case, not meaning sounds) elements here as well ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Belsole
United States
Kansas City
flag msg tools
I just hope that they are not all the same. They only used 2 signs in the video. I am not sure how they are separating everything but variety is nice. I bet it's something like for the lower level spells there are 6 signs. One for each type. And then when you get a little higher there are more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Yee
United States
Las Cruces
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I figure it'll be another symbol on the sigil to read. So you'd have the line going through the words and one of the outer ring is marked to show what hand sign to throw. Though I'm just guessing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps there will be 6 hand signs, one for each inner ring plane.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
.....Or if the designers wanted to make it really tough, they could have the hand signs represent the outside ring symbols, reflecting the "focal point" of the incantation. That would create 20 different hand signs....zombie

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.