tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHristian LeBlanc
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm on their email list and picked up a copy. I'm hoping to entice my family into playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Royal
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kkollwitz wrote:
I'm on their email list and picked up a copy. I'm hoping to entice my family into playing.

Be aware, my copy came with what appears to be an entire sheet of cardboard pieces missing. The rulebook (which thankfully came with it) lists pieces in it that I do not have, and bits and pieces of what appear to be expansions that it contains (but not in any semblance of order).

Sadly, without these pieces, it's pretty much worthless to me. I haven't emailed FFG yet, but I hope they can replace the components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ebert
United States
North Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
Solo Gamers are NOT lonely!
badge
Together We Game Alone (1 Player Guild)
mbmbmbmbmb
Auzette wrote:
kkollwitz wrote:

Be aware, my copy came with what appears to be an entire sheet of cardboard pieces missing. The rulebook (which thankfully came with it) lists pieces in it that I do not have, and bits and pieces of what appear to be expansions that it contains (but not in any semblance of order).

Sadly, without these pieces, it's pretty much worthless to me. I haven't emailed FFG yet, but I hope they can replace the components.

I would contact z-man as they published the game, not FFG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Jacobs
United States
Grand Haven
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I also bought the game from Tanga and mine also was missing a sheet of pieces. I have sent a message to Z-Man games to get the missing pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Vives
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So apart from the possibility of missing components... why is Tanga routinely selling this for only $12 + reasonable shipping? It seems suspicious, so I thought I would check to be sure all is well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Royal
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MVives wrote:
So apart from the possibility of missing components... why is Tanga routinely selling this for only $12 + reasonable shipping? It seems suspicious, so I thought I would check to be sure all is well.

Dunno. I like the game, but it's definitely extra time to go email and get all the missing pieces. In my case, there was no one "sheet" missing; I had some pieces of a set missing, extra pieces of an expansion, and there was no parts list included to even know with confidence *what* was missing.

I think all told, if you factor in the fact that it's incomplete or very likely to be so, $12 is not too much of a 'steal of a deal that's too good to be true'.

I guess the only thing to keep in mind is that its NOT a wargame, or strategy game in the conventional sense. It's a guessing game, and a good one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Vives
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Auzette wrote:
I think all told, if you factor in the fact that it's incomplete or very likely to be so, $12 is not too much of a 'steal of a deal that's too good to be true'.

Thanks for the feedback.

Is this issue widespread? Only in a batch that Tanga received? (I see two cases here, and a few reports in other threads.) I agree that the hassle might not be worth it if it is truly likely to happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it's selling cheaply because they know pieces will be missing. I bought mine from Tanga awhile ago and had no missing pieces. Also, this game is sold cheaply on CSI/Miniature Market as well.

I think the game is being sold at a very steep discount because the demand was much smaller than the supply. The game got hammered with negative reviews with the 1st edition due to most copies having mold inside - this is why the game's rank is low on BGG. The mold issue was resolved and these copies on Tanga and in other stores do not have that problem.

It's a fantastic game that is criminally underrated due to an issue with the 1st printing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Royal
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MVives wrote:
Auzette wrote:

Thanks for the feedback.

Is this issue widespread? Only in a batch that Tanga received? (I see two cases here, and a few reports in other threads.) I agree that the hassle might not be worth it if it is truly likely to happen.

Not sure if it's universally widespread. But, I can't imagine that one of the reasons for the low price is that you're taking a gamble when you buy it that you might be one of the ones that has this issue.

I'm not sorry I bought it, just sorry that it experienced production woes that create a barrier to entry that had nothing to do with the game design.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
I had a copy for awhile, never did break it out before I traded it away. I keep thinking I should buy it again.

I worried that it was going to be an interminable set-up and overly long planning stage.

Convince me.

It is not long setup/planning when I play with my group. We don't suffer from analysis paralysis though. Part of why it doesn't take long for us is because you can't math out or calculate the best place to deploy your defenses or maneuver your bomber. It's all going from your gut and trying to bluff the opponent.

If you do play with someone who likes to take their time thinking about strategy and maximizing their turns then yes, it will take a long time. For us, though, it takes about 5 minutes to plan the bomber route and about 5 to setup the German ground defenses.

The game takes about a half hour to play, so you could say this is a bit long of setup, but this setup is actually part of the game where you have to make meaningful decisions - it's not the same as say, setting up Hey, That's My Fish! where it can take 5 minutes to place the hexes in order to play a 10 minute game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Schneider
Canada
Stittsville
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
charlest wrote:

It's a fantastic game that is criminally underrated due to an issue with the 1st printing.

I agree completely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.