Subject: Battlefoam? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jaru Rainn
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So I'm a backer for Zombicide (and proud of it) and recently they are offering these battleform sets. I've never used foam to store my minis for my board games, nor am I planning on painting my figures for Zombicide.

Is it still worth it to get the battlefoam sets for organization/protection? I'm not a real expert on minis and wanted to know what people thought.

Also they say you can get two sets for $40 or one for $15. How does this add up? 15 + 15 = 30 < 40. right? Am I missing something here? Also do you need two to fit all the minis they are giving in the KS (I think theres 108 of them now)?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Gass
United States
Iva
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
General consensus is that the foam is only neccessary if the minis are to be painted, otherwise the game box organizes everything well, like a compartment for dice, one for cards, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic InyokaMadoda
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pomander wrote:

Also they say you can get two sets for $40 or one for $15. How does this add up? 15 + 15 = 30 < 40. right? Am I missing something here? Also do you need two to fit all the minis they are giving in the KS (I think theres 108 of them now)?

Thanks

It's not very well written on the Kickstarter page. What they say is:

CMON wrote:
These trays will be available for sale from Battlefoam later, just that shipping is free within the USA if shipped with your Abomination or above order. Outside the USA, please add $15 per set (sorry, these are bulky). $40 for a set of 2 trays.

What they mean is that the shipping is $15. The tray set is $40 and is comprised of two trays. So if you are in the USA, the cost is $40 for the set (two trays). If you are out of the USA, the cost is $40 + $15 shipping = $55.

Yes, you need both trays to fit all of the minis in, but you get both at the same time. They are merely telling you that the set is comprised of 2 trays.

Hope that makes more sense!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're going to paint them on a wathammer or war machine level then get the battlefoam.

If you're going to paint them on a last night on earth level, maybe get some foam board from a local crafts shop and make your own dividers.

If you're not going to paint them at all? Maybe get some good quality zip locks to organize.

The battlefoam is only worth it if you're giving them a good qualityvpaint job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Milton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ropya wrote:
If you're going to paint them on a wathammer or war machine level then get the battlefoam.

If you're going to paint them on a last night on earth level, maybe get some foam board from a local crafts shop and make your own dividers.

If you're not going to paint them at all? Maybe get some good quality zip locks to organize.

The battlefoam is only worth it if you're giving them a good qualityvpaint job.

gotcha so no foam for me, cant afford to get them painted and there's no way in hell I'm gonna paint em
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaru Rainn
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Great. All of these post were quite informative. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also keep in mind that you can always decide to buy the battlefoam later. They've already explained that it will be available for the same price it is here on the kickstarter. The only bonus you get from buying the battlefoam via the kickstarter is free shipping (in US).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wodzianski
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Painter - Player
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the Battlefoam set for the 'popular space corridor game, 3rd edition' and I have to say, well worth it. Mind you, placing the minis precisely into their respective holes is a PITA - but my sweet paint jobs are protected. Fortunately, the Zombicide foam is far more generic. I don't know if that justifies 40 bucks, but I do expect fitting minis in and out will be much easier. Personally, money is a bit tight around here - so I may hold off until Q1 2013 for my Battlefoam set. At that point, I may actually have 1/4 of my set painted...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean King
United States
Stevenson
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Northern Gamer Archeology
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the foam picture they have up is just a generic view. THey were talking about tweaking it some I believe.

My impression was that there might be a spot for the cards or similar things since the plastic insert would be tossed to fit the foam.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will paint my copy of the game. I was planning on storing the walkers and runners in ziplock bags in bulk, and only the fatties, abominations, and heroes in Plano boxes. Sure, the paint on some bulk zombies might take some damage, but it can always be touched up... and I've never had problems after spraying a few layers of a clear protective coat.

But I guess if I was paying $15/miniature to have them painted, I might consider the Battlefoam.

I also have Battlefoam for the "popular space corridor game, 3rd edition" but the genestealers have a lot of claws that easily get tangled... hence "bulk storage" really isn't an option for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Schulz
United States
Saint Michael
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any ideas if the set will fit all of the mini's (even the extra's)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
horrido wrote:
Any ideas if the set will fit all of the mini's (even the extra's)?

Yes, they have clearly stated as much. The foam trays hold 128 figures. And at present the most figures you can get is 116, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you think about these? http://www.feldherr.net/uk/foam-trays/full-size-trays.html?S...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.