Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the BGG info page, it says that the minis will be fully assembled. Is this too good to be true?

UPDATE:
Someone on the Soda Pop Miniatures forums (http://forums.sodapopminiatures.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=87&s...) has posted that this has indeed been confirmed by SPM!

And there was much rejoicing.

My original post:
Quote:
I haven't seen any indication anywhere else that they won't require hours of supergluing and swearing assembly, but of course we're still months away from the release and info has been scarce.

Sigh, I'm pre-addicted to an unreleased expansion for a game I haven't even been able to get my hands on yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Fully assembled miniatures?
OMG would that be heaven. No more 6 hour superglue sessions.

That dragon was a nightmare!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Fully assembled miniatures?
demondude777 wrote:
OMG would that be heaven. No more 6 hour superglue sessions.

Now that I think about it, the expansion figures do look less fiddly than those of the base game. Their poses seem simpler. Maybe they're purposely making them simpler so they can cast them all in one piece?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john cadice
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Hi guys,
Yes, Caverns and all following expansions are to be fully assembled! Thanks for the support in helping out our game, the better we do, the more we can do for you guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hooray! Thanks for the confirmation, John!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lucas
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
badge
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little saddened by this. I love the dynamic poses possible when casting with multiple parts and I had a lot of fun glueing everything together.
I was able to do all the filing and glueing at work so it was nice to have something to do all day too.
I really hope the quality of the minatures doesn't take a hit, because the base set's models were far and above anything else released in the boardgame market in the last decade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Lovelace
United States
Amsterdam
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
demondude777 wrote:

a quick wash of the parts and a hair dryer.. having to grab the hair dryer to get the tail outta the way and get all the legs into place was more then i wanted to do, but it was only 5 extra minutes. other then that the biggest problems are all caused by mold release oils. I think they should have put in big letters to wash the pieces, especially for small contacts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Marti
Switzerland
Riedholz
Solothurn
flag msg tools
Super Trooper, I said!
badge
Waaagh
mbmbmbmbmb
Svengaard wrote:
..., because the base set's models were far and above anything else released in the boardgame market in the last decade.

While the miniatures are well above avarage, it seems you have missed Space Hulk 3rd Edition...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.