Popular Tags: [View All]
Sheldon Smith
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it wasn't, but can't find it in the rules now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Garber
Canada
Vauxhall
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I just took a quick look and couldn't find it either....the situation has never come up though in my 8 plays so far. My own opinion is that they are not limited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Resource guild tiles - I think you're talking about "goods", and on the bottom of page 3 it says they are in theory unlimited. Should you run out, feel free to use a gummi bear...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Dave is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon Smith
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's so funny!!! I remember the gummy bear comment! lol.

It's been a couple weeks since I read the rules, and swore it was from Strasbourg. Yet - when I scavenged through the rules (several times) for the life of me I couldn't find it and second guessed myself thinking the comment must have been from another game. As soon as I get home I will flip to the bottom of page 3 again :-) Thx for letting me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EyeInSky wrote:
That's so funny!!! I remember the gummy bear comment! lol.

It's been a couple weeks since I read the rules, and swore it was from Strasbourg. Yet - when I scavenged through the rules (several times) for the life of me I couldn't find it and second guessed myself thinking the comment must have been from another game. As soon as I get home I will flip to the bottom of page 3 again :-) Thx for letting me know.

No worries! I've never had to break out the gummi bears, myself but I always have a bag on hand when playing Strasbourg because you never know, ya know?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon Smith
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
:-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon Smith
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way,

Strasbourg is wonderful for what it is! It may not be Trajan, Macao, or Castles of Burgandy but what makes Strasbourg so likable is that it feels different from the rest and scratches a different "itch".

It's nice to have some medium-deep games that can be played in the 75 min. time frame. While our first 5 player game took about 2 hours, I have no doubts it will eventually be squeezed in about 75-90 minutes (like Year of the Dragon - my personal favorite from Feld).

When you look at all of his designs, including Notre Dame, Luna, and Roma (which I feel is fantastic and grossly underrated) I can easily see why he has become my favorite designer. My ears are already focused on his pending new release this year... "Rialto".

Also, I just realized that Stefan Feld has 5 games from the ALEA box series in a row:

Rum & Priates (I haven't played but guessing is his weakest)
Notre Dame
Year of the Dragon
Macao
Castles of Burgandy

That's quite an accomplishment!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EyeInSky wrote:
By the way,

Strasbourg is wonderful for what it is! It may not be Trajan, Macao, or Castles of Burgandy but what makes Strasbourg so likable is that it feels different from the rest and scratches a different "itch".

It's nice to have some medium-deep games that can be played in the 75 min. time frame. While our first 5 player game took about 2 hours, I have no doubts it will eventually be squeezed in about 75-90 minutes (like Year of the Dragon - my personal favorite from Feld).

When you look at all of his designs, including Notre Dame, Luna, and Roma (which I feel is fantastic and grossly underrated) I can easily see why he has become my favorite designer. My ears are already focused on his pending new release this year... "Rialto".

Also, I just realized that Stefan Feld has 5 games from the ALEA box series in a row:

Rum & Priates (I haven't played but guessing is his weakest)
Notre Dame
Year of the Dragon
Macao
Castles of Burgandy

That's quite an accomplishment!

Agree with you completely. Stefan is a legend among mere mortals right now. He could crap in a box and I'd probably play it...

Here's my first-play review of Strasbourg, if you haven't seen it. (sorry for the shill!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.