Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Choo
Malaysia
Bayan Lepas
Penang
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys and girls!

I've purchased this game a month ago and had several plays since then. Most of the questions I have about the game has been answered by the kind community of BGG (and some by Ignancy himself). However I have one more concerning the timing of some of the Contracts/Buildings/Employee cards that I hope you guys can help me with.

Cards that allow you to sell stuff (Designs/Materials/Collections/Employees/Buildings)

Eg. Contract for Berets Production

From my interpretation, you can use this card to sell up to 3 Material pieces for $7 each Maintenance Phase. Do you sell them before or after you pay your monthly maintenance cost?

(i.e. if I do not have enough cash on hand, can I sell my extra materials first before I pay my monthly maintenance cost? Or do I have to take an Emergency Loan first as a failure to pay my monthly maintenance cost?)

I've also compiled an Excel list of all the cards and grouped them according to their abilities. Will upload it soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chih-Hsien Wang
Taiwan
Taipei
Taiwan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think if the rule doesn't specify, then the order of actions in the maintenance phase is decided by the player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jian W
Malaysia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played it that you are allowed to sell your materials/designs first before resolving the payment.
This goes for any income you are getting as well (e.g. Retail Outlets)

You only take a private loan at the end of the maintenance phase when you are supposed to pay off your obligations and not able to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Choo
Malaysia
Bayan Lepas
Penang
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for sharing!

I see that the general consensus is that you resolve the monthly maintenance of your buildings and employees at the end of the Preparation Month Maintenance Phase.

For Fashion Show Month Maintenance Phase the order would be:

AOB
Pay buildings and maintenance dues
Pay loans taken
Return all contracts

That means contracts are still valid when you pay buildings and maintenance dues (when considering Contract with Office Renters).

Any others playing it differently?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.