4 Posts

Letters from Whitechapel» Forums » Rules

Subject: Placing clue token on crime scene token? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Redox
msg tools
mbmb
In my last game Jack during escaping crossed crime scene from the previous night and one of the invetigators looked for the clues next to that field. In that case, should the clue token be placed on the top of the crime scene token? The rules are not stating that it can't be placed there, but on the other hand, normally there is just one clue token placed on any field.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note I deleted my previous post because I'd misread your question.

A you said there is nothing in the rules saying a clue token can't be placed on a previous crime scene, so I say you should place the clue. You won't have 2 clue tokens on a circle because crime scene tokens are not clue tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Clymer
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, but with a caveat.

Crime tokens are NOT clue tokens, however, the rules are very wishy-washy when it comes to whether or not a clue token can be placed on a crime scene in succeeding nights.

The way my group of players solved this dilemma is two-fold:

1) Remove all crime scene tokens from the map at the end of every night.
2) Leave the crime scene tokens on the map for the duration of the game, HOWEVER no clues can be found, or arrests made, on that space because it's "blocked off for investigation" (to help add to the theme). Jack CAN however still move past this space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
redox wrote:
In my last game Jack during escaping crossed crime scene from the previous night and one of the invetigators looked for the clues next to that field. In that case, should the clue token be placed on the top of the crime scene token? The rules are not stating that it can't be placed there, but on the other hand, normally there is just one clue token placed on any field.

Jack has passed through the red Crime Scene left from a previous night, and his discovered location needs to be marked.

The Jack player will also have written down the location as being moved onto, so the answer he gives will be a 'Yes'. Therefore I would place a Clue Token on top, just to keep track of the naughty fellow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.