Subject: How many reformers can be committed in an impulse? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Bright
United Kingdom
Unspecified
London
flag msg tools
If an event is played that commits reformers, such as Luther in "A Mighty Fortress", can another reformer be committed to get in on the fun? Or is there a limit to how many reformers can be committed in one impulse?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Hewson
United Kingdom
Surbiton
Surrey
flag msg tools
I bought this...
badge
...as I had no idea what to spend my GG on!
mbmbmbmbmb
The limit is one debater per impulse, but events that commit debaters are in addition to that.

So, you can commit another debater to help Luther with 'A Mighty Fortress' or Calvin with 'Calvin's Institutes'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience"
mbmbmbmbmb
Also remember that the debater bonus lasts for that one event card play or action, but not for different actions.

So if you play the event "A Mighty Fortress", which commits Luther, and commit Bucer for his bonus, you get a +1 die for any reformation attempt within 2x spaces of Strasburg. This bonus lasts for every reformation attempt triggered by that event (if the bonus is applicable).

However, if you spend four OPs and publish two treatises, committing Bucer with the first treatise, only that first treatise (AKA action) gets the + 1 die. The second publish treatise (a different action), would not get Bucers benefit nor could you commit another debater.

EDIT: Cleaned up wording a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.