Subject: How do I sell my tickets? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Collett
United States
Shawnee
Kansas
flag msg tools
OOhhhhh.. Da Red Snappa! Veeerrry tasty!
badge
You sooo stupid!
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you can talk to the admins and get a refund on your tickets for BGG.con.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
If you purchased tickets on the second day of availability (March 20 or so), you are probably out of luck with a refund. From Aldie's Initial Post:

Quote:
d10-3 No refunds after 30 days from your payment or Sept. 1st (whichever comes first)

In year's past, once the convention sells out, there is usually a "tickets wanted" and "tickets for sale" thread started to accomplish just what you wish to do - transfer tickets to another person.

Once you sell the tickets, you pass them your log-on information and they change the registration details to their own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digren K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you wait until after May 31, the standard ticket price will increase to $110 each, but you'll be able to recoup your costs by selling yours for $85 each. At that point I suspect you'll be able to pick up a buyer who forgot about the price increase and didn't buy theirs in time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kravetz
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW I plan on getting tickets but can't afford them until September. So there will be at least one person looking to buy tickets from other users down the road
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
If needed, I've already offered to run the ticket exchange want list again this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My impression of half the people in that thread:

Belash wrote:
If needed, I've already offered to run the ticket exchange want list again this year.

BUT IS ANYONE GOING TO OFFER TO RUN THE TICKET EXCHANGE WANT LIST AGAIN THIS YEAR?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric J. Boyd
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any further update on how to go about this? Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend the con either, and I'm interested in selling my ticket.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricin Prime
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
What is required to run ticket exchange?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
_____BGG.CON_____ BGG@SEA BGG.Spring
mbmbmbmbmb
As soon as we close registration (which is imminent btw)
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
will put up the waiting list / ticket exchange thread to help manage the process.

In the meantime, and as always, you are free to sell / exchange your ticket in any manner you see fit by simply using the badge editor link in your confirmation email to change the information to the new party. We only ask that you not "scalp" the ticket (sell it for more than you paid for it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.