Ithaca
New York
flag msg tools
badge
If this isn't nice, what is?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Quick clarification, please:

If a door is blown off due to explosion, should I add the two damage markers from supply to the space? I'm like 70% sure I shouldn't do that.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb
shumby wrote:
Hello,

Quick clarification, please:

If a door is blown off due to explosion, should I add the two damage markers from supply to the space? I'm like 70% sure I shouldn't do that.

Thanks!

you do not

The rule book for the 2nd printing was updated to specifically spell out that you don't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ithaca
New York
flag msg tools
badge
If this isn't nice, what is?
mbmbmbmbmb
that was quick! I'm still playing the single player learning game that spurred this question.

Thanks!
If I had any GG I'd give you some.
Have this bear instead:

http://imgur.com/xw7TD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Doherty
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really? So a door getting two points of damage and thus being removed doesn't mean you should put two damage markers in its place when it's removed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
mbmbmbmbmb
pdoherty wrote:
Really? So a door getting two points of damage and thus being removed doesn't mean you should put two damage markers in its place when it's removed?

Correct. That's why there are the two cubes printed on the board. Trust me, I goofed it up too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We almost always lose due to building collapse. If we had to place two cubes each time a door is blown out, the game would be brutal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Lanzing
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
pdoherty wrote:

One more clarification (since this quote seemed to merit it): doors can only take one damage (one explosion) before being removed. Damage cubes are NEVER added to a door or open doorway for any reason. The "two cubes" icon is just there to show that an open doorway should be treated like a destroyed wall, not that it is one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Walker
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
We almost always lose due to building collapse. If we had to place two cubes each time a door is blown out, the game would be brutal.

It was brutal. Thanks for this clarification all. We'll spread the word at Geekway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.