Subject: Arrive in warehouse May 4th... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey I think we are getting very, very close.
http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/2012/05/03/58389/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
May 4th would be just dandy. Please show up soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I get my copy and it hasn't been posted yet, I'll certainly put up as many pics and descriptions as I can and try to answer any questions.

Basically, I'm on standby to order as soon as I see anyplace that has it in stock. I don't like doing preorder to any particular place because another store might have it first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heading to CoolStuff now to "pre-order"whistle a couple of the base games. Will get the expansions later and if needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Fortner
United States
Fuquay-Varina
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder what warehouse they're talking about, one in the USA (I hope) or one in Russia? Speculation welcome.

I've already ordered two base sets because my friends like to play Epic Battlelore, so I wanted to be able to host an Epic Samurai Battle right away.

BTW - I found Miniature Market a few dollars under Cool Stuff Inc - may have changed since I ordered, but you might wish to check them out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
b_fortner7 wrote:
I wonder what warehouse they're talking about, one in the USA (I hope) or one in Russia? Speculation welcome.

Well, it's the 7th now and I still don't see anything in the online stores. So, I'm leaning towards Russia right now.

I must say that they're not impressing me with their communication on this game. I understand that delays can happen, but an estimated US release date would be nice as well as posting the rules and scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well if it mean a warehouse in Russia then it will easily take a month for the global distribution...

This ties in with what a little bird told me in not being able to display a new game at a local convention.

Looks like June or July for the Samurai to arrive in force...

I agree that the communication from Zvezda is less than adequate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just called Miniature Market and Coolstuff, both said that there has been no update from Zvezda on a release date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
my eye
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are at all familiar with Zvezda, then you shouldn't be surprised at the dearth of information. I own and have owned several of the Zvezda Age of Battle games. You would be hard pressed to find any info or support for that series (unless you could read Russian, and even then...) Information was limited, the rules were spotty, poorly translated and often only came in Russian even though the box said English and Russian.

While Art of Tactic may be more of a game and is certainly a different direction than AoB, it's still a way to sell models/minis -- just like GW. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) If it wasn't for Richard Borg's involvement and the inclusion of a C&C version of the game I doubt that Samurai Battles would be generating anywhere near the hype.

A good place to check on availability and timing is Zvezda's US importer -- Dragon Models USA. They list the Commanders and Archers boxed sets as arriving last Thursday, but not the game. They still show estimated arrival as May.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.