Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ahmad Lokman Ishak
Malaysia
JERTEH
TERENGGANU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday is easy to learn and fun to play. I like it as much as Onirim. I have my Le Havre and Agricola, but they are taking longer time to reach end during my single game sessions.
Is there any game that can be played alone in less than 30 minutes and easy to learn and worthy to spend my time on other than the games mentioned above?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Morgan
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Race for the Galaxy with Race for the Galaxy: The Gathering Storm has an excellent solitaire variant. Once you learn the icons, a solitaire game can easily finish in under 30 minutes. I always pack this one with me when I go on business trips.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Space Hulk: Death Angel springs to mind, although it isn't quite to that level of quick and streamlined.

Wallace's London might actually be my favorite game to solo, with the variant someone posted. Much more involved than those two card games, but much quicker to set-up than the Uwe games. I think I can crank out a solo game in 30-45 min, although I have never really timed it.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The sequel to Onirim, Urbion should be coming out soon. Emphasis on "should".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bigloo33 wrote:
Space Hulk: Death Angel springs to mind, although it isn't quite to that level of quick and streamlined.

I'd agree that Space Hulk: Death Angel is good, but the O.P. mentioned easy to learn, and a lot of people seem to have trouble figuring this one out.

The one I'd suggest is Roll Through the Ages: The Bronze Age. This hits on all points - easy to learn, quick to play, very entertaining.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for space hulk

have a look at print and play games if you have the time

Games That Are Free To Print and Play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Although in that Geeklist most of the PnP games are not solo games. Try this list: Games for the Poor and Lonely: Free PnP Solitaire Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JoffW wrote:
Although in that Geeklist most of the PnP games are not solo games. Try this list: Games for the Poor and Lonely: Free PnP Solitaire Games

yes, a much better list.

in particular

anything in the D series [geekurl=http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgamefamily/4451/d-series]D [/geekurl]

any solo game by Todd Sanders [geekurl=http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgamedesigner/42166/todd-sanders]here[/geekurl]

edit: yuk, awful formatting of URLs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Gold Canyon
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather . . . not screaming and yelling like the passengers on his bus
mbmbmbmbmb
PAX might be one worth looking at.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Futza wrote:
PAX might be one worth looking at.

Ah. That is a nice one. It's got "levels" you can go up. I personally found single player PAX to be less than satisfying however. But!! It does have the bonus of being a great 2, 3, and 4 player game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Fakkeldij
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The games I have enjoyed solo:
PAX
Peloponnes
Mosaix
Roll Through the Ages: The Bronze Age
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmad Lokman Ishak
Malaysia
JERTEH
TERENGGANU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rhoubhe wrote:
Race for the Galaxy with Race for the Galaxy: The Gathering Storm has an excellent solitaire variant. Once you learn the icons, a solitaire game can easily finish in under 30 minutes. I always pack this one with me when I go on business trips.

This solved the problem with my Race For The Galaxy! I never know the expansion can be played solo. My Race For The Galaxy is catching dust for a very long time as I could not find a soul that have interest to play it with me. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmad Lokman Ishak
Malaysia
JERTEH
TERENGGANU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
bigloo33 wrote:

I'd agree that Space Hulk: Death Angel is good, but the O.P. mentioned easy to learn, and a lot of people seem to have trouble figuring this one out.

The one I'd suggest is Roll Through the Ages: The Bronze Age. This hits on all points - easy to learn, quick to play, very entertaining.

Yes... this might do it. Will get it in my next purchase. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Santoro
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
And this list also:

The most interactive solo games: only 1-1 games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Seb. ●leoskyangel●
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out Peloponnes. It's so easy to understand and plays quick (15-20 mins). It's a quick civ game even with 5 players (rulebook says it takes 15 mins per player and it's dead on).

- Damien

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmad Lokman Ishak
Malaysia
JERTEH
TERENGGANU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried Cities last night and I found it awesome and relaxing. I will try to beat yesterday's score again today!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mercedes (Mandy)
Japan
Setagaya-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Tokyo Game Market here I come!
badge
Sorry if I'm slow in reading mails. I'm currently working hard on some Alley Thieves
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing lots of Onirim, and just got Friday today and played a few times, and died hehe.
Another good game is D-Day Dice You can print out the PNP version D-Day Dice: Free Trial Version and give it a try. All you need are some 6 sided dice for the PnP version. I don't play a lot of war games, but this one was quite interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel
Netherlands
Den haag
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My solo card game until now was Al Cabohne a 1/2 player variant on Bohnanza
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.