Subject: Voltage: The Game of High Tension $2.99 with prime shipping rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sambardo
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
http://www.amazon.com/Voltage-The-Game-High-Tension/dp/B000L...

Seemed really cheap, looked decent. I picked it up to give it a try and thought I'd share.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't say no for $3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
Wow you hovered. I'm honored.
badge
My Dog Has Fleas
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent find - it is apparently a rethemed Balloon Cup - bonus is I had $5 credit sitting with nothing to do so I have two copies on the way for a grand total of 98 cents.

Edit: good review: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/411276/its-balloon-cup-j...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Kimmel
United States
Wheaton
IL
flag msg tools
mb
Not to threadcap, as that is a good price, but my Amazon history shows I bought a couple of copies of Voltage on Dec. 20 at $1.99 each shipped. So it has been lower, but this is still a good deal for a decent game. There are better games built around similar mechanics, but not really at this price point.
As an aside, I'm not fond of the different card backs that have to remain hidden. My 4 year old is not the best at maintaining a tidy draw pile while only getting the top card. Come on, fine motor skills, get finer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Frazee
United States
Carson City
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked up Voltage a while back when it was this low. Both my younger kids love playing it with me (2P only, one at a time). Not a bad math game in disguise for the younger group
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike G
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
For $3 I couldn't resist getting another game to play with my 4 yo daughter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...game pleasure in wood
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
It's not exactly Balloon Cup. But it does have some striking similarities.

I found a bunch of copies at a closeout store not too long ago. Still have a couple extra.

If I may ask, which clearance store (name, location) and for what price? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks!

Banzai is also $2.99 with Prime from the same seller. Whee!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hillery
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Voltage apparently sold out at that price. Banzai still available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher M
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
badge
Awesome Possum
mbmbmbmbmb
Ceej wrote:

Link? Couldn't find it.

Yeah too bad Voltage sold out. When I finally made the choice to buy it, you folks had already taken all the copies

Voltage now at $5.94 + $4.99 shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1awesomeguy wrote:
Ceej wrote:

Link? Couldn't find it.

Yeah too bad Voltage sold out. When I finally made the choice to buy it, you folks had already taken all the copies

Voltage now at $5.94 + $4.99 shipping.

Ditto.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
Wow you hovered. I'm honored.
badge
My Dog Has Fleas
mbmbmbmbmb
and strangely enough they shipped them next day - mine are here already!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sambardo
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
I had a lot of fun with the game (came in yesterday).
The different card backs is annoying though. It would be better if the +/- "flip" was a card itself, and if special cards could be played on my own side IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...game pleasure in wood
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Received my copies next day!

I haven't opened any and I'm already impressed; linen finished box (must be the first ever on any Mattel product), designer's name on box front, nice evocative artwork, and no Mattel logo on box front or sides, save one small logo on the box back corner, suprisingly in black instead of the regular red. Mattel was really trying for the hobby game market with the package design of this one, almost hiding the fact that they produced the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher M
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
badge
Awesome Possum
mbmbmbmbmb
Sambardo wrote:
I had a lot of fun with the game (came in yesterday).
The different card backs is annoying though. It would be better if the +/- "flip" was a card itself, and if special cards could be played on my own side IMO.

blindsorrow wrote:
Received my copies next day!

I haven't opened any and I'm already impressed; linen finished box (must be the first ever on any Mattel product), designer's name on box front, nice evocative artwork, and no Mattel logo on box front or sides, save one small logo on the box back corner, suprisingly in black instead of the regular red. Mattel was really trying for the hobby game market with the package design of this one, almost hiding the fact that they produced the game!

Yeah, just keeping shoving it in our faces, you jerks! yukcry

(Just kidding, of course.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sambardo
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
I would have liked if the box was way smaller personally. The board folds, and all the plastic bits could have easily fit under it with the cards making the box half the size.

I'll also probably replace the +/- tokens with something less see-through because in the shadows it is hard to tell which side is up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.