Rules wrote:
"If there is already a partial depletion marker on the Town, that
player and any teammates he may have are immediately eliminated
from the game. Remove those players’ workers, units,
and Outposts from the board. If this leaves only a single player
or team in the game
, the game ends and that player or team
wins."

Does this mean that in a 4Player game, if 1 of the players loses like this, the team automatically loses and the game ends?

If the answer is yes, then when would this not leave a single player or team left in the game, making it continue?...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Question about Defeat
AsGSnak wrote:
The Rules say that:
Rules wrote:
"If there is already a partial depletion marker on the Town, that
player and any teammates he may have are immediately eliminated
from the game. Remove those players’ workers, units,
and Outposts from the board. If this leaves only a single player
or team in the game
, the game ends and that player or team
wins."

Does this mean that in a 4Player game, if 1 of the players loses like this, the team automatically loses and the game ends?

If the answer is yes, then when would this not leave a single player or team left in the game, making it continue?...

I'm not sure how it would continue here.

If Players A & B are on a team, and C & D, and A is eliminated, B is also eliminated. That means there is only a single team in the game, so the game ends and that team wins.

The reason it says single "player or team" is because the condition applies to 2-, 3- and 4-player games; in the 4-player game, it will be a team, in 2- and 3- it would be a single player. (In 3 player, it would only apply if the other two players are gone).

Where are you getting the continue from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diogo Poupado
Portugal
Ourém
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nevermind. You answered the big question. If one player in a 4P game loses, the game is over for the team.

I also have other questions:

Rules wrote:
Many spaces on the board are worth victory points for any player with units in them at the end of the turn. As long as you control your own Town (that is, have at least one unit in it), you will have at least 3 victory points.

Do you get the Victory Points if you only have Workers in the mentioned spaces or in your Town?

Rules wrote:
If units or workers enter play in a Town occupied by enemy units, no units or workers (regardless of whose they are) may leave the space, and the battle is resolved during the Move Step as normal.

I can't add a Worker in an enemy occupied town. But can I do it after I deploy one Unit there first? Because of this:
Rules wrote:
Although your workers move like units in most instances, they
may not move into spaces containing enemy units, workers, or
Outposts unless one or more of your units is already in that
space
(although it’s okay if your unit just moved into that space
during this turn).

Also, why would adding a worker in this case be helpful to me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AsGSnak wrote:

Do you get the Victory Points if you only have Workers in the mentioned spaces or in your Town?

No, workers are not units.

Quote:
Rules wrote:
If units or workers enter play in a Town occupied by enemy units, no units or workers (regardless of whose they are) may leave the space, and the battle is resolved during the Move Step as normal.

I can't add a Worker in an enemy occupied town. But can I do it after I deploy one Unit there first? Because of this:
Rules wrote:
Although your workers move like units in most instances, they
may not move into spaces containing enemy units, workers, or
Outposts unless one or more of your units is already in that
space
(although it’s okay if your unit just moved into that space
during this turn).

Yes, as long as you have a unit there.

Quote:
Also, why would adding a worker in this case be helpful to me?

I'd have to check the rules again, but you'd do that if you want to harvest there I don't think that there is a rule prohibiting you from harvesting in an enemy outpost. (I'd have to check to be sure).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fede Miguez
Argentina
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought you could only build outpost in clear spaces? So you could never harvest in an Outpost. I can see why you would want to move a worker to an outpost playing as the Human, with the Call to arms card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diogo Poupado
Portugal
Ourém
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
I'd have to check the rules again, but you'd do that if you want to harvest there I don't think that there is a rule prohibiting you from harvesting in an enemy outpost. (I'd have to check to be sure).

1. You could move Units to an enemy Outpost spaces that was in Mine/Forest
2. Then, you could move Workers there (since your Unit was there)
3. After all the Movement was done, there would be a battle (if there were any enemy Units in that Outpost)
4. If you win, the enemy Outpost would be destroyed
5. You could harvest there in the next phase, but the enemy Outpost would be gone already

Also, my question was about deploying Workers in your occupied Town, and not in enemy Outposts. The only reason for doing that is to make way for a new training Worker? That's the only reason I can think of.

To answer Pepe:
WC FAQ wrote:
Outposts can be built anywhere that a worker can reach. This
includes all of the hexes except mountains.
Gold and Wood can still be harvested from spaces that are occupied
by an Outpost. However, the worker that is building the
Outpost can not harvest/mine until the Outpost is complete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Lizarraga
Mexico
Merida
Yucatan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AsGSnak wrote:
Also, my question was about deploying Workers in your occupied Town, and not in enemy Outposts. The only reason for doing that is to make way for a new training Worker? That's the only reason I can think of.

Correct. This text in the rules is practically refering only to the fact that you can deploy your workers in your town hall eventhough it is currently being occupied by enemy units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diogo Poupado
Portugal
Ourém
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a new question about Victory conditions:

Rules wrote:
As long as you control your own Town (that is, have at least one unit in it), you will have at least 3 victory points.

Do I need to have the Unit on the Town hexagon on the Board? Or can it be a Unit in training on a Building in your Town piece?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AsGSnak wrote:
I have a new question about Victory conditions:

Rules wrote:
As long as you control your own Town (that is, have at least one unit in it), you will have at least 3 victory points.

Do I need to have the Unit on the Town hexagon on the Board? Or can it be a Unit in training on a Building in your Town piece?

It has to be on the board; if it's on a building in your town piece, your unit is still being trained, and doesn't "exist" yet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.