Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: Extras rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared Parkinson
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm just curious. Why are so many people excited for the white dice? We get black and glow dice but yet I read comment that some still want the white ones to. Why? They prefer the look?

Also will the nine tiles that come with the game be big enough. Would it be better to get an extra set? Expert games says 3 hrs so would having more tiles just be an over kill possibly 6 hr game? I imagine mini expansions would be a perfect fit for this game. Like one or two new minis with some more unique tiles. So wouldn't it just be better to wait for that?

Just some thoughts. What are yours?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bain
United States
Clarksville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm lost on the dice too. I didn't expect such a huge response about the white dice, but whatever.

I'm all about the tiles though! With the minds of BGG looking for ways to use these, I can imagine there will be plenty of opportunities that doesn't require a 3 or 6 hour games. My game group has grown big enough that we should be able to use the extra tiles to set up a game for a second group of people, and enough promo survivors to make it easily doable. It's almost like getting 2 games.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maddock Krug
Germany
Salzgitter
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.

Getting more dice is not interesting for me. Dice-collectors may like it. Why not.

About the tiles: The number of tiles is not the reason why some scenarios drag you 3hrs into a game; just check the scenario descriptions provided in the rules section of this forum. You will see that the more challenging scenarios provide special rules; and I think that these rules make the game session so long.
Having a second set of tiles gives you more creativity-opportunities, when you build your own scenarios.

All the best!
Mad
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostas K.
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably because they are more easily readable. Red on black is not a very good combination, especially for non-regular dice that have custom symbols on them.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Eriksson
Sweden
Sölvesborg
Blekinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I havent seen all the tiles, but i reckon that there isnt any side that looks exactly the same. With the extra tiles you arent as much limited in your choices.
I myself thought of making a Capture the flag scenario, which needs to be a symmetrical board.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Parkinson
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kostool13 wrote:
Probably because they are more easily readable. Red on black is not a very good combination, especially for non-regular dice that have custom symbols on them.


Yeah I agree. I wish we could pick the white ones over the black ones...I would have rather prefered the white ones to the glowing ones for the stretch reward. And they appear cheaper too. I dont get the glow in the dark dice other than collecting as you obviously couldn't play this game in the dark. Oh well I think I'm commited to getting the tiles and it may look like the white dice too.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maddock Krug
Germany
Salzgitter
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question:

Isn't it the case that the core-game has white dice actually? From my understanding - I might be wrong - the black and the glowing dice are extras, but the core-game already provides a set of white dice. I may be wrong, though ...

All the best!
Mad
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MaddockKrug wrote:
Question:

Isn't it the case that the core-game has white dice actually? From my understanding - I might be wrong - the black and the glowing dice are extras, but the core-game already provides a set of white dice. I may be wrong, though ...

All the best!
Mad


The dice included in the retail box might be red, as suggested in this pic:


As for playing in the dark...

I fully intend to play this game by candlelight. If a survivor dies, he/she blows out his/her candle.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maddock Krug
Germany
Salzgitter
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.

Wow! The original dice are nice dice, to be perfectly honest.

Candle-idea = awesome idea!

All the best!
Mad
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They're normal dice, without the molotov and zombie pictures.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maddock Krug
Germany
Salzgitter
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Loophole Master wrote:
They're normal dice, without the molotov and zombie pictures.


Yeah. But doesn't make them look bad, does it?

All the best!
Mad
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Surely not!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Parkinson
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
iNano78 wrote:
MaddockKrug wrote:
Question:

Isn't it the case that the core-game has white dice actually? From my understanding - I might be wrong - the black and the glowing dice are extras, but the core-game already provides a set of white dice. I may be wrong, though ...

All the best!
Mad


The dice included in the retail box might be red, as suggested in this pic:


As for playing in the dark...

I fully intend to play this game by candlelight. If a survivor dies, he/she blows out his/her candle.


Man Geeks are so awesome....that candle idea seems really cool.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maddock Krug
Germany
Salzgitter
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.

And the Dollars keep piling up and up and up ... We already are at $475k - and with that pace the $550k for the two new promos is achieved in no time ...

Well ... I give it a rest for tonight.

All the best!
Mad
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Raoult
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
MaddockKrug wrote:
Candle-idea = awesome idea!

Agreed. This is a GREAT idea.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Parkinson
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicolas Raoult wrote:
MaddockKrug wrote:
Candle-idea = awesome idea!

Agreed. This is a GREAT idea.


I think that a set of zombie or survival candles would have been a sweet stretch reward. In my opinion better than even more minis which we have already gotten many of IMHO.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teik Chooi Oh
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Saca_Muela wrote:
Nicolas Raoult wrote:
MaddockKrug wrote:
Candle-idea = awesome idea!

Agreed. This is a GREAT idea.


I think that a set of zombie or survival candles would have been a sweet stretch reward. In my opinion better than even more minis which we have already gotten many of IMHO.


I think reason why people get white dice is for 2 reasons-collectors completion urge ie have every variant out there & for some, extra sets of dice so that each player have their own set (abomination set will have 3 sets so extra will be for 4th player, so why not make it white!)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.