18 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Amazon gift cards! Get Boardgames cheaper! Yay! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From time to time I use mturk.com . After using it for some months, I have amassed about 340$ 440$ in gift card credit, which I want to put to some use, but the only option for me would be to order something from amazon.com, which is not viable to me as the exorbitant shipping to austria isn't really great.
I also can't buy other gift cards with it to sell on ebay, which means I can't really use that gift card balance at all.

However, what I can do is order stuff via my balance and ship it anywhere. And that's where you come in:
Just tell me what you want to order, pay me via paypal (buyer protection etc.) and I will order whatever you want with my gift card balance and have amazon send it to your address. I can get rid of my gift card balance and you can get a discount, sounds fair laugh ?

Edit/: All gone now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jedd Pearce
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
My name is Jedd and I love Medellín!
badge
The best show of all time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting proposal. Are you offering a percentage discount, or just accepting fair offers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hmm I'd go for either, I just want that credit transfered into something tangible for me
But depending on the amount, I'd at least offer everyone 10% off their total order, more if you get more, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jedd Pearce
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you using an Amazon Prime account, or are you expecting to factor in shipping costs into what you're asking?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I don't currently have amazon prime, but there's always that free month I could use up...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jedd Pearce
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It'll probably help you get people interested. If someone has a Prime Account (like me), they won't want to pay roughly the same amount they would without it.

Let me know if you get a Prime Account, and I'll make an offer to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm always willing to use the free month, so go ahead

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jedd Pearce
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be willing to give you $28.43 for Lords of Waterdeep (10% off), $55.27 for both that & Small World (20% off), OR $77.75 for both of those and Summoner Wars - Master Set (30% off).

As the links show, all three of those are available for Prime shipping. Just let me know which of those offers you'd be interested in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JediPearce wrote:
I'd be willing to give you $28.43 for Lords of Waterdeep (10% off), $55.27 for both that & Small World (20% off), OR $77.75 for both of those and Summoner Wars - Master Set (30% off).

As the links show, all three of those are available for Prime shipping. Just let me know which of those offers you'd be interested in.

If you added 7 more items you could get them all for free whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At least if someone took the offer, because I surely wouldn't
But I now have Amazon prime and some games are already on their way to JediPearce, so who's next cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jedd Pearce
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I merely made an offer based upon what it was worth to me. ~$75 was roughly my max based upon a recent work bonus, and so it wouldn't be worth it to me to pay much more than that. Tzer agreed to send me Lords of Waterdeep & Small World for $55.27, so we're both happy. He also sent me an email confirmation of the Amazon order, so I'm confident I'll have the games by next Tuesday. When I receive the games, I'll post here to let everyone know how it went.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chanan Siegel
Israel
ramat beit shemesh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

You made 440 off on mturk. I don't know how you do that,
making .05 cents or .16 cents or what ever per task.
Thats like making 3.00 per hour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marcsiegel wrote:

You made 440 off on mturk. I don't know how you do that,
making .05 cents or .16 cents or what ever per task.
Thats like making 3.00 per hour.

As I said, it took a few months to amass that kind of change

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shilo Maggi
United States
Fircrest
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tzer wrote:
From time to time I use mturk.com . After using it for some months, I have amassed about 340$ 440$ in gift card credit, which I want to put to some use, but the only option for me would be to order something from amazon.com, which is not viable to me as the exorbitant shipping to austria isn't really great.
I also can't buy other gift cards with it to sell on ebay, which means I can't really use that gift card balance at all.

However, what I can do is order stuff via my balance and ship it anywhere. And that's where you come in:
Just tell me what you want to order, pay me via paypal (buyer protection etc.) and I will order whatever you want with my gift card balance and have amazon send it to your address. I can get rid of my gift card balance and you can get a discount, sounds fair laugh ?

PM/Geekmail sent

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jedd Pearce
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all, I just wanted to let you know that everything came in well from
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The whole process was painless and I received my games in less than a week. I am very satisfied.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex B
United States
Castro Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I also received my games today 3 days after asking for them. Thanks Tzer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My discounts are as follows:
Order total:
less than 50$ = 10%
between 50 and 100$ = 15%
more than 100$ = 20%
And of course you don't have to buy boardgames, you can order any eligible item. If you plan to buy something anyway, why don't you do it cheaper ?

My Free Prime month ends on June 5th, so if you want the prime shipping, get it before it ends.

/edit: Apparently BGG doesn't like "greater than" and "smaller than" signs. yikes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Important update:
I have exactly 96,93$ left. Use it all up and get 20%! If it's gone, it's gone!

/edit: It's all gone now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.