Popular Tags: [View All]
sean johnson
United States
Edinburgh
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this game a ton in high school in the 90's, and I still have thousands of cards. However, the last time I played this game was in 1999. I want to teach my wife the game, but I first need to build a couple of decks. I don't remember the best way to build a deck. I know that it is deck specific, but what is a general guideline for how many locations, characters, interrupts, items/vehicles, etc to have in a deck? Any guidance will be helpful. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
The last time I wanted to make some decks out of my old cards, I used www.decktech.net to give me ideas of how they should be constructed. The problem I had was that many of the decks on there use 'Virtual Cards' - fan updates or revisions to existing cards. I didn't want to use these, preferring to keep the cards as written, so that limited the options available, but there were still many old decks listed there for inspiration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
Try building 40 card decks, primarily from premiere and ANH. Pull about 8 locations, perhaps only ground locations that you can walk to. 20 Characters. A couple of utility weapons. 7 interrupts and 3 effects.

If you build 60 card decks, scale up the interrupts and you can add in some Systems and Ships. But for teaching, 40 card decks will be sufficient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Blanco
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthnice wrote:
Try building 40 card decks, primarily from premiere and ANH. Pull about 8 locations, perhaps only ground locations that you can walk to. 20 Characters. A couple of utility weapons. 7 interrupts and 3 effects.

If you build 60 card decks, scale up the interrupts and you can add in some Systems and Ships. But for teaching, 40 card decks will be sufficient.

This is a great suggestion.

I'd add keeping it to one or maybe two planets, if you want to teach about docking bays. Otherwise, focus on Tattoine or Yavin. If you have a lot of Hoth cards, building a walkers vs. speeders deck can be a lot of fun and very thematic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.