Subject: More Comprehensive rating system. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rueben the sandwich
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reviews here follow along a scale of 1 to 10 that isn't entirely that telling. Things like luck/skill ratio or competitive/interactive/noninteractive would be interesting. Of course, it's easy to say stuff like this, but probably a nightmare to implement. Has this level of observation not been implemented for that reason?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a look in the comments section. The data you seek is there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if it would help to have those collection comments appear on the primary game page?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren M
Canada
Fort Vermilion
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
It would be dead simple to add additional ratings for categories such as luck/interaction/downtime etc.

The powers that be obviously have other priorities though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Just as 'do you want to play it, 1-10' is subjective, so are the rest of those things. Seeing additional averages about them still does not provide an individual with a unique enough perspective to make a choice. That's what reviews are for. And comments, as some have already said!

More communication is probably better in this case than more numbers.

But I'm an English Major. I assume everyone is capable of reading endlessly about their passions and that they desire to do so. I'm sure there are Math Majors who think that everyone is capable of looking at a bunch of graphs and figuring out how it relates to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, a voting system on a scale from 0 to 10 would be interesting.

For luck, strategy, complexity, ...

Some companies use such a scale for their games; an example would be the French edition of this game:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.