BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Suggestions

Subject: User-defined checkboxes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: one_more_box [+] [View All]
Mario Lanza
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BGG already allows users to track a wide range of metadata. Between tags and User Information I can track most of what I want.

But here's a simple suggestion. Consider the Status checkboxes found under User Information. I like this information because it's the most easily accessible and updateable. Just a click or two and I'm done.

Right now I use a few different tags to track certain things. I was thinking what if there were a custom section under user information in which those very tags were given the "appearance" of checkboxes. For example, on a configuration screen, a user would define a list of his favorite tags. Then, in his User Information panel would be a section called "Favorite Tags". In that section would be a labeled checkbox for each of those favorite tags. A checkbox would, of course, be checked if the tag exists and unchecked otherwise.

I know it's not hard to add tags, but I do like the idea that all my information is in a single place, like a dashboard. A simpler implementation might just move the "Your Tags" list to a block under User Information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AKQJX
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
User-defined checkboxes! Check one vote from me. Great idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also suggested here:

Personalized Filtering in Collection via 3 or 4 custom check boxes
Custom Flags for Games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Eric Reuss
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'd love this - tags are great, but not nearly as easy to update as the 'Own' / 'Previously Owned' / etc. checkboxes.

(Alternately, if you could list/add/filter-by your tags from the collection view, that would serve much of the same purpose.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.