Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Alien Frontiers: Factions» Forums » General

Subject: surveys sent yet? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
aaron belmer
United States
Webster Groves
St Louis
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey were surveys sent out on this yet? thanks in advance!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Factions products are expected at the end of June. We'll probably sent out the surveys about a week before then so we have minimal change notices to worry about.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Carlough
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
High adventure in the world of high finance...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish the other projects I backed would have waited.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bond
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CleverMojo wrote:
The Factions products are expected at the end of June. We'll probably sent out the surveys about a week before then so we have minimal change notices to worry about.


Can we have an update on this please? Is is now 4th July and I have not received the expected survey from you. Your notice above suggests it should have been sent a fortnight ago.

So I would appreciate an update timtable so I am sure I am not missing anything...

Thanks
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
geocentrix wrote:
CleverMojo wrote:
The Factions products are expected at the end of June. We'll probably sent out the surveys about a week before then so we have minimal change notices to worry about.


Can we have an update on this please? Is is now 4th July and I have not received the expected survey from you. Your notice above suggests it should have been sent a fortnight ago.

So I would appreciate an update timtable so I am sure I am not missing anything...

Thanks
Hi Andrew...I have been waiting on word from Panda. They're arranging a special shipment of enough product to cover backer rewards. As soon as I get confirmation that they have left China, I'll be sending out all of the surveys.

David
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CleverMojo wrote:
geocentrix wrote:
CleverMojo wrote:
The Factions products are expected at the end of June. We'll probably sent out the surveys about a week before then so we have minimal change notices to worry about.


Can we have an update on this please? Is is now 4th July and I have not received the expected survey from you. Your notice above suggests it should have been sent a fortnight ago.

So I would appreciate an update timtable so I am sure I am not missing anything...

Thanks
Hi Andrew...I have been waiting on word from Panda. They're arranging a special shipment of enough product to cover backer rewards. As soon as I get confirmation that they have left China, I'll be sending out all of the surveys.

David

Great news! Really looking forward to the goodies.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bond
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CleverMojo wrote:
Hi Andrew...I have been waiting on word from Panda. They're arranging a special shipment of enough product to cover backer rewards. As soon as I get confirmation that they have left China, I'll be sending out all of the surveys
David


Thanks for the update. May I suggest you set out rough dates for the various steps in this process? e.g.
1) confirmation from Panda
2) surveys to be sent
3) product arrives
4) product sent)

Then update that timetable from time to time.

This is not a means to beat on you ... most people are very relaxed about when this arrives. However, it is good to communicate with your customers frequently and regularly so they don't become frustrated with the delays.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
geocentrix wrote:
CleverMojo wrote:
Hi Andrew...I have been waiting on word from Panda. They're arranging a special shipment of enough product to cover backer rewards. As soon as I get confirmation that they have left China, I'll be sending out all of the surveys
David


Thanks for the update. May I suggest you set out rough dates for the various steps in this process? e.g.
1) confirmation from Panda
2) surveys to be sent
3) product arrives
4) product sent)

Then update that timetable from time to time.

This is not a means to beat on you ... most people are very relaxed about when this arrives. However, it is good to communicate with your customers frequently and regularly so they don't become frustrated with the delays.

Hi Andrew...Putting up a schedule as you describe is just an invitation to depression as the delays compound and dates fall by the wayside. but I do understand everyone's desire to know what happening. I try to keep the info flowing on the Kickstarter updates pages and here on BGG, but it's not easy when there are so many "I'm sorry for the delays" to hand out.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs Smith
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
This is my chance to convey something meaningful! Darn. Wasted it.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the surveys haven't been sent yet, perhaps you could include a question in which people could 'opt-in' to receive a dodgey relic ship die (if you don't return them).

That way those who don't mind spotty ink can still get the custom die, but you wouldn't be sending them out to everyone and 'endorsing' the apparently poor workmanship?...just a suggestion.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bond
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CleverMojo wrote:
Putting up a schedule as you describe is just an invitation to depression as the delays compound and dates fall by the wayside


I disagree. What leads to depression is a lack of information and having no idea when things are expected to happen by. Publish your best guess at the schedule, put in some +/- figures and then keep it updated when things change.

You'll be surprised how much happier your customers will be with that.

I know this from experiences of producing software later than my initial - over-ambitious - schedule. Communication is the key.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.