Talorien
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Due to the amazing generosity of our unit sponsors, OGRE Designer's Ed will come with two extra infantry/vehicle counter sheets for a third main faction: the 'Mercs'.

The Mercs will have as many vehicles as the Combine.

The Mercs however lacked two things. Ogres and a Command Post... until now. Muahahaha.

We surveyed sponsors earlier this week. They've overwhelmingly decided to make the Merc faction Green to match the Ogres and CP on the Targets Go Boom counter sheet.

(There is a Mk III, Mk IV and Mk V Ogre on the TGB sheet, as well as a Green CP and generic building)

------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU

- The OGRE KS ends in 6 days

- The Targets Go Boom sheet is a KS exclusive

- If having Ogres and a CP matching the 3rd faction is important to you, sign up for the KS now

- If having doubles of the Ogres is important to you, get a 2nd TGB sheet (for $8). With 2 Mk IIIs and Mk Vs you should be able to play most scenarios with the Mercs replacing a main faction.

- If you plan to buy at retail later (e.g. you're overseas) and want the TGB sheet, support the KS NOW for $1 or more. This will entitle you to order the sheet from SJG's online store later. (You can always share shipping with others.)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, this was the best (actually only) way we could get Ogres and buildings for the Mercs.

You don't have to get the TGB sheet.

- The Mercs will still be useful to e.g. augment one of the main factions or use as a third faction in a scenario which doesn't need a third colour CP

- There will be Ogres of other colours from other 3K backers. So if you're not OCD (unlike, ahem, me) you can just use those with the Mercs.

(Note there is currently no other Mk IV in a third colour, though that may change)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Do recall that the Mercs are bonus units which come free for everyone because of the generosity of our sponsors.

Having said that -

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!1!
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Collins
United States
Concord
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been debating if I wanted to get a 2nd TGB sheet, now I've got a reason. Curse you.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Arach
United States
Kingwood
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AWESOME! I had voted for the green TGB sheet so this is good news. When will we find out what unit(s) our names will be on?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheal
United States
Kosse
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
British Racing Green ?

.

Nice colour choice
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Boehland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
..but the $150 level already includes a 2nd TBG counter sheet right? Just making sure I'm already good.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt Boehland wrote:
..but the $150 level already includes a 2nd TBG counter sheet right? Just making sure I'm already good.
That's the thing about this project so far as I am not really sure what I am getting as a bonus for it hitting all the levels. Maybe I am missing it on the project page, but I am not sure what is optional and what is coming with each game...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real Stabliser
Scotland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Order what you don't want to miss out on, if you end up with extra, flog it on ebay by christmas - you probably wont loose on it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Arach
United States
Kingwood
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The list of what you'll be getting is in update #16, http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/847271320/ogre-designers.... I think the only thing missing off that list right now is the addition of a copy of Pocket Ogre for the $150 support level.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tham
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Best game ever!
badge
Happy Gaming!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lordarach wrote:
AWESOME! I had voted for the green TGB sheet so this is good news. When will we find out what unit(s) our names will be on?


Sending out emails throughout today. Sooo many emails....
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Arach
United States
Kingwood
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hehe. Cool. I'll be patient then.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bohm
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
Talorien wrote:

- If having doubles of the Ogres is important to you, get a 2nd TGB sheet (for $8). With 2 Mk IIIs and Mk Vs you should be able to play most scenarios with the Mercs replacing a main faction.


Now it's been 20+ years since I've seen this game and I'm not super familiar with all the scenarios so can someone give me the pro's and cons of getting this double set? On one side it's only $8 but if there's not much of an advantage I am already shelling out $200+ for this...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread needs a song:

Mercenary (Bolt Thrower)

Into the killing zone
Prepared to die
Fearful technology
Faceless mercenary
Merchant of war
With no conscience
Darkness all you see
Dying hard your believe

Mercenary...
Mercenary...

Purchased soul
To the highest price
No thoughts of anguish
Cheapness of life
Freelance veteran
Ask no forgiveness
No tears, no regrets
Mission completed

Mercenary...
Mercenary...

Forget the past - For all you see
Self-created destiny

No innocence - The world bleeds
Now march onward - Mercenary


5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Matt Boehland wrote:
..but the $150 level already includes a 2nd TBG counter sheet right? Just making sure I'm already good.


I've never played this game (but am in for one + extra dice!) and am confused too... do I want a second set of counters?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Arach
United States
Kingwood
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Another sheet of counters just means that you can put more out on the map like two reactors instead of one or four Ogres instead of two. More counters for the map means a wider range of scenario possibilities. By no means is a second one necessary though.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rusticchasm wrote:
Matt Boehland wrote:
..but the $150 level already includes a 2nd TBG counter sheet right? Just making sure I'm already good.


I've never played this game (but am in for one + extra dice!) and am confused too... do I want a second set of counters?


I asked this same question and was told the Things Go Boom counter sheet is the "only" Kickstarter exclusive sheet.

Which means, if you *think* you might like a spare (for $8.00), it's probably not a terrible idea to pick one up while you can.

And yes, pledges of $150.00 and up will receive a "free" second TGB sheet of counters.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Dunkle
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ohbalto wrote:


I asked this same question and was told the Things Go Boom counter sheet is the "only" Kickstarter exclusive sheet.

Which means, if you *think* you might like a spare (for $8.00), it's probably not a terrible idea to pick one up while you can.

And yes, pledges of $150.00 and up will receive a "free" second TGB sheet of counters.


That's not quite right - pledges that get the $150 (or $245 or $340) reward package get the second sheet; other pledges over $150 (e.g. $195 for two copies of the game) do NOT get an extra sheet.

The pocket version does go to anyone whose pledge is at least $150 regardless of the reward level.

EDIT: clarified that pledges right at $150 get the pocket.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify, the pocket version goes to pledge totals equal to or over $150.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Talorien
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Never Knows Best wrote:
Talorien wrote:

- If having doubles of the Ogres is important to you, get a 2nd TGB sheet (for $8). With 2 Mk IIIs and Mk Vs you should be able to play most scenarios with the Mercs replacing a main faction.


Now it's been 20+ years since I've seen this game and I'm not super familiar with all the scenarios so can someone give me the pro's and cons of getting this double set? On one side it's only $8 but if there's not much of an advantage I am already shelling out $200+ for this...


Within the scenarios released so far in the draft scenario book, having the extra TGB set is useful in about 3 scenarios only if:

1. You want to replace a main faction with Mercs (i.e. to play Green instead of Red)

2. You want the Merc faction's Ogres to be green in those scenarios (after all, you could always just use the Red Ogres)

There is currently no gameplay advantage I can see in the current planned scenarios, to having a 2nd TGB sheet.

The big unknown is the extra web published scenarios, and whatever scenarios come in the promised expansion (since it'll probably add a map, it might have some 'big three/four player' scenarios where it's useful to have multiple Green ogres. But even then, you can probably substitute e.g. Gray ogres).

If you're into DYO scenarios, or using others' DYO scenarios, then yes, there probably will be scenarios out there with a third force with more than 1 Ogre. But again you can substitute Gray ogres.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Gallagher
United States
Saginaw
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Talorien wrote:
The big unknown is the extra web published scenarios, and whatever scenarios come in the promised expansion (since it'll probably add a map, it might have some 'big three/four player' scenarios where it's useful to have multiple Green ogres. But even then, you can probably substitute e.g. Gray ogres).


Multiple factions would be useful for con scenarios with many players. Time to do more work on my entry for the scenario contest. . . .
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Qthulhu Fhtagn
msg tools
mbmbmb
As a KS supporter and looooooongtime BGG lurker I just want to express my thanks at you fine folks for supporting the game enough to benefit everyone in the long run.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Arach
United States
Kingwood
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got the informational email update for the Merc forces... YES! YES! YES! That is awesome news. I love the logo. Thanks Chris and Daniel for putting this all together for us.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Talorien
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lordarach wrote:
I just got the informational email update for the Merc forces... YES! YES! YES! That is awesome news. I love the logo. Thanks Chris and Daniel for putting this all together for us.


We were really pleased too and are REALLY hoping for Merc dice in the next KS update.

And it's all possible because of sponsors like you!

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.