Dallas
Pennsylvania
msg tools
I lifted my piece of summer, like a piece of a memory or a dream..
mbmbmb
The lady and I are taking next week off and heading out to San Francisco, and down to Big Sur. While I'm in the city I'd love to hit a FLGS, because we really don't have any here.

I've gone through a lot of older threads discussing the bay area and saw references to Gamescape, which is actually in SF, but it looks like they primarily focus on video gaming now. So it looks like EndGame in Oakland is the best choice, even though it's a little out of the way. Can any SF geeks chime in and let me know if Gamescape is worth visiting, or if I should just head over to Oakland?

Thanks much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's a Hat!
United States
flag msg tools
Welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, well!
mbmbmbmbmb
I stopped by Gamescape about three weeks ago and they had a TON of boardgames. Really good ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I would recommend Games of Berkley. Endgame has the nicest facility but not the best selection.
True
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
I strongly prefer EndGame to Games of Berkeley. I was commuting regularly to Berkeley up until recently and I always found it was worth the extra drive to get to EndGame.

Of course, if you are a miniatures gamer and you end up going into Berkeley, you owe it to yourself to go to the Ace Hardware on University. Underneath the store is a huge basement that is a model railroad paradise. Basically, they have a whole floor dedicated to models and supplies - nothing specifically gaming related but so much cool stuff for building scenery or adding to your tool kit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you going only through SF and its surrounding cities, or is the entire Bay Area game? I'm in the South Bay and can point you to two fantastic stores in particular.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gage
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Yes please. I get down to the south bay every year or so -- what do you recommend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Flood
United States
Richmond
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
EndGame and Games of Berkeley are both excellent. If you're interested, there are game nights through out the week here in the East Bay. Come join us!

Tuesdays, 6 PM @ Games of Berkeley
Wednesday, 7 PM @ EndGame
Thursdays, 7 PM @ Eudemonia (a couple blocks from Games of Berkeley)

There's also a game night at Muddy's Cafe in San Francisco on Fridays at 7 PM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Bell
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm partial to Game Kastle in Santa Clara. You should check out their quarterly game flea market this Saturday at 10AM. Link: http://www.gamekastle.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

California
msg tools
I'm partial to Ronin Games in Castro Valley. It's a small store but the owner's nice and there are a few demos to play with and random people. Not sure if they have a webpage, but here's a FB page [geekurl=https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ronin-Games-Hobbies/136012519784323][/geekurl]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Vogel
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Endgame is definitely my favorite store. Incidentally, Endgame is doing a Kickstarter to fund a new gaming cafe, that is going to enable them to have even more cool gaming events. Check it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.