Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pix430 Pix430
Canada
flag msg tools
AH 3rd Reich using Vassel

USSR DoW on Persia:

1 - DoW cost 10 BRP's?
2 - Is Persia conqued when it's 2 cities are controled?
3 - Comquered BRP value for Persia?
4 - Using Vassel Persia has units - are they partisans or units to be set up when Persia is attached?

Thanks

Todd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Bauer
United States
Reading
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Waste Water too
badge
Mid-Atlantic Air Museum
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are playing Third Reich and not Advanced Third Reich:

1) Yes DoW=10 BRPs but if you are the Allies and you are opening the Lend-Lease route, no DoW is necessary but it takes 25BRPs to open the route. That fee is not reduced if you have previously DoWed Persia.

2)The presumptive answer is yes, as that is the method for the conquest of colonies, some of which do not have capitals. The only other option is each hex must be occupied to be considered friendly.

3) The value in Third Reich = 0

4) No units. I believe it was provided for one of the optional variants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jersey Guys
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
We have just had this situation in our current game, where the Soviets entered Persia to gain a buffer nation against the Germans in Lebanon-Syria.

We charged 10 BRPs to Russia for the DoW, with the idea that Lend Lease will be another 25 BRPs down the road if the route is needed.

Is that how everyone plays this? Or is there some reason/rule that says the only way to conquer Persia is to spend 25 BRPs to open Lend Lease.

Thanks always in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos K
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Persia can always be conquered before the opening of Lend-Lease. I almost always do it in 1939, as saving BRPs in 1939 is almost useless! All you need is a Soviet 1-3 to take Tabriz and Sarab!
This is incredibly useful for the soviets in 1941 as some British armor can save Russia from the panzers by SRing to USSR through Persia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris walsh
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed - conquest of Persia can in some cases allow Russia to be saved in 1941/2.
Sometimes a British unit held as a garrison of Iraq can do it.

On this area of the world, does anyone know the status of "Arabia" in the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carter
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kostaskav wrote:
Persia can always be conquered before the opening of Lend-Lease. I almost always do it in 1939, as saving BRPs in 1939 is almost useless! All you need is a Soviet 1-3 to take Tabriz and Sarab!
This is incredibly useful for the soviets in 1941 as some British armor can save Russia from the panzers by SRing to USSR through Persia.

Another use is to extend the "east hex" Russian supply line all the way down into Persia. Even without Lend-Lease, that supply line can help prevent isolation of Russian units in the Caucusus if the Axis units reach the Caspian.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carter
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cccw wrote:

Arabia is neutral and has no BRPs. I am not sure what use it would be to invade it other than someone needing its only city as an airbase and/or to provide a continuous supply line if other hexes in the Levant become enemy-occupied. Neither one of these are likely events.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
tallracer333 wrote:
cccw wrote:

Arabia is neutral and has no BRPs. I am not sure what use it would be to invade it other than someone needing its only city as an airbase and/or to provide a continuous supply line if other hexes in the Levant become enemy-occupied. Neither one of these are likely events.

For those imposing tight restriction on BRP expenditures (i.e. must be legit, cannot make purposely voided DoW etc.) it can be a legit means of burning BRPs to avoid a turn order flip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.