David Kenley
msg tools
Hello,

When bidding on the influence tracks (Iron Throne, Fiefdoms, King's Court), I believe (from memory) it says that the holder of the Iron throne decides ties.

So when you have resolved the Iron Throne bidding, and a new person is due to take the throne, do they do this immediately and thus decide the ties for the following Fiefdoms and King's Court auctions, or do they only hold the Iron Throne after all 3 bids are resolved?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is changing hands immediately after bidding (and resolving any ties) for the Iron Thron track.
Thus, ties on the next 2 tracks bid will be decided by the new holder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi David,

As soon as the Iron Throne bidding is resolved, then the person at the top of the Iron Throne track IMMEDIATELY receives the Iron Throne symbol and can influence ties for the other two tracks.

Regards,

Jim
Est. 1949

Moshe got there first...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kenley
msg tools
Wow these answers are prompt! Thanks all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nacho Facello
Uruguay
Montevideo
Montevideo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify, suppose the votes are:

Lannister 3 power tokens
All the rest 2.

And that Baratheon is the current holder of the Iron Throne.

Even though Lannister will get the token, he doesn't get it untill *all* positions are resolved, so Baratheon resolves the big tie. So first you bid. Then you determine the order. Whoever has the token at that moment resolves *all* ties in that track. Then, after the order is set, whoever is in the first position claims the token. Only then you start bidding for Fiefdoms.

Just wanted to be extra clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.