Popular Tags: [View All]
wendigo song
United States
Claymont
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any limit to the number of rumors, enviornment, or activity cards that can be on the board at a time? One player suggested that there was but we couldn't find a rule cite. If there are, what happens when we draw 2 rumor cards in a row during the mythos phase? Does that mean that there is no mythos phase for that turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the rules (page 12) there can only be 1 rumor and 1 environment in play at a time.

If you draw a second environment you discard the current environment.

If you draw a second rumor, you ignore that part of the mythos card and discard it at the end of the mythos phase. The existing rumor stays in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be precise, if you draw a rumor while there is one already in play, you ignore the rumor text only, and still do gate placement and monster placement and movement as normal, then discard the rumor just drawn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Be sure to also remember that during Setup, no Rumor can enter play!

Btw, we play it so that actually 3 Environment cards can be in play at the same time (one each Weather, Urban and Mystic).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex F
Israel
Ashdod
Negev
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a lot of book-keeping for a game that already has a fair amount of it.

Active environments are pesky little things: they're so elusive(awareness value -10).
Anything short of nailing the card to the board won't make those temporary modifiers any easier to remember.

I was considering putting them in some elevated holder, or smth, so they'll be at eye level all the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Macko Darkfyre
United States
California
flag msg tools
The OP mentions activities which aren't mentioned in anyone elses' posts, so I'll throw a quick not out about them here.

Bear in mind that the Activity markers that can be placed in random parts of the board can come from a Rumor card, Environment card and presumably another effect/card that has been brought into play by other game mechanics.

This means that you can have MULTIPLE activity markers down on the board for various reasons. I assume this is the specific reason why FFG gives you three of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
magmaxtic wrote:
Sounds like a lot of book-keeping for a game that already has a fair amount of it.

Well, to be fair, it's not that much of extra effort. And the elevated thingie - we already have that...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon wrote:
And the elevated thingie - we already have that...
How did you do it, do you have photos?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Maxwell
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mackodarkfyre wrote:
This means that you can have MULTIPLE activity markers down on the board for various reasons. I assume this is the specific reason why FFG gives you three of them.

You can have a maximum of three at once (one from an Environment, one from a Rumour and one from a Mythos card which stays in play for one turn), so that's why they give you 3 markers, yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.