Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Kiehnhoff
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From our initial 2 plays we're really enjoying this game. One thing that puzzles me is why the turn order begins with the low number but then proceeds clockwise. It's easier yes, but I think that going in order of the character numbers would be more interesting. It would mitigate the effect of always being behind a weaker player. Going to try it out next game to see how it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you're enjoying Sunrise City, David.

We tried out the card rank turn order system and just found the non-sequential play was too confusing. It's not a bad idea or anything, it just made my brain hurt.

There's another game in our pipeline called Flummox and it will definitely have non-sequential play...so I better start exercising my brain now to get prepared.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Holroyd
England
Morecambe
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just came on to post about doing this.

When I read it it felt odd. So I suggested changing it to the rank being the order of play. Felt right and so much better for my group. Never feels right to benefit from the player to your right.

Great game though by the way. Don't think I've ever opened a game and thought WOW! The box is jam packed full of gaming goodness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on David K's request, I created a PDF for print and play turn order placards. I uploaded them to the files section of the Sunrise City page. It may take BGG a few days to approve the file, so keep an eye out for it.

Just cut and fold the placards into A-Frame standees and then distribute them each round after role cards are revealed. It may help to lessen the awkwardness of non-sequential play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CleverMojo wrote:
Based on David K's request, I created a PDF for print and play turn order placards. I uploaded them to the files section of the Sunrise City page. It may take BGG a few days to approve the file, so keep an eye out for it.

Just cut and fold the placards into A-Frame standees and then distribute them each round after role cards are revealed. It may help to lessen the awkwardness of non-sequential play.

Most of the games that I've played with variable turn order instead put player markers along a turn track. That way you can look in one place to figure out how many steps away your turn is, and which order people will play in, rather than trying to hunt around the table.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The placard file has been approved.

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/78745/turn-order-placards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Specter
United States
Belmont
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you want me to offer this as a variant in my demos?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kamus73 wrote:
Do you want me to offer this as a variant in my demos?

You may do so if you like. I find that non-sequential turn order is a little confusing, but the placards may help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.